Obama's "truth squad" ready to throw you in jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

2. The horror, an attempt to bring truth in advertising to a political campaign...

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I actually dont mind that, there should be truth..but who determines it? Each side is always saying the other side is lying..so who gets to decide? In this case it seems like some Obama supporters who happen to be in law enforcement have decided to form a group to address the issue, with the support of the candidate's campaign.

4. That's the problem in America right now, isn't it?

Who is telling the truth...

What do you recommend?

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I dunno :) But, this group, created at the suggestion of one candidates campaign is not the solution.

6. If you have some information that this group is not going to be truthful, please present it.

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If a group of republican law enforcement officials setup a "truth squad" at the request of Senator McCain's campaign and said they would arrest anyone who dared to air adds that they determined to be false, would you trust them to be unbiased? I wouldnt.

8. I am sure either group would be watched quite carefully, and any wrong doing would cause more problems and be more damaging to the candidate than the fraudulent ads themselves.

I am more concerned that you have no idea on how to deal with the problem of false advertising in political campaigns...nor do you seem to concerned that it happens so frequently.

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How would you deal with it?

10. Bring in the fact checkers from Switzerland, they have no dog in the fight...

#10     Sep 27, 2008