Obama's Tax The Rich Is For More Spending

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 11, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

75% of Obama's new taxes would go for new spending growth. How can the democraps be so stupid to push such a plan? My anticipation of a demise of America as we know it is right on track.

"The [president's] plan called for $1.6 trillion in new taxes, twice what the president asked for in the campaign. He asked for $800 billion during the campaign. Now he wants $1.6 trillion in new taxes," said Senator Jeff Sessions, the ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, last week on the floor.

"Spending under that plan would increase $1 trillion above the levels agreed to in the Budget Control Act, as signed into law. We agreed to the Budget Control Act 16 months ago, in August 2011, and we raised the debt ceiling and agreed to reduce spending. We raised the debt ceiling $2.1 trillion and agreed to reduce spending $2.1 trillion. The President's plan would take out over $1.1 trillion of those spending limitations that are in current law. I repeat, spending will increase more than $1 trillion above the already projected growth in spending," Sessions added.

"Our spending is growing. It is not decreasing. It is already projected to grow, but the President's proposal is to have it grow even faster than the law currently calls for."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-tax-hikes-go-toward-new-spending_666067.html

2. stoic

stoic

That's why I want the cliff....it's the only way we'll get ANY cuts!

3. pspr

pspr

I think you'll get your wish. Won't people be surprised when they get a new big chunk of withholding taken out of their paychecks starting Jan. 15th!

I read that Geitner could just not adjust the withholding tables so the taxes wouldn't be taken out but if the old tax rates aren't put back into law soon everyone will find they need a big out of pocket payment in April 2014 to pay their 2013 taxes. That would get really ugly for Obama.

4. A large portion of the 53% of people who voted for Obama don't have paychecks.

Once again it will be the workers taking the beating so the lazy liberals can get their entitlements.

5. Actually it would get pretty ugly for the republican congress since they are the ones refusing to extend the middle class cuts.

6. Don't matter. Obama is the leader........pffftttttttttt.

When was the last time a presidency is defined by congress. Oh Jimmy Carter was a loser because of Congress.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Alright! Who keeps pulling this dummies string?

[​IMG]

8. pspr

pspr

LOL Is AK on Obama's payroll yet?

9. Obama is a leader the country elected who promised he wouldn't extend the upper class tax cuts so voters dont expect him too.Congress has elections in 2014,Obama doesn't

10. Stay on topic Troll

#10     Dec 11, 2012