Obama's Stimulus Bill Explicitly Grants AIG the Legal Right to Give Unlimited Bonuses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jficquette, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I guess Obama is in shock that America refuses to realize that he is totally incapable of being the CEO of AMERICA...what a bad joke on us!!

#11     Mar 17, 2009
  2. JB3

JB3

Just write new legislation that if you receive bonus of a company that is receiving bailout money over X amount, then we'll tax you at a brand new bracket of 75% unless you return the bonus. LOL. Done.

#12     Mar 17, 2009
  3. power

power

When the CEO of a company is a fool and useless, the Board of Directors fires the CEO and appoints a new intelligent and capable CEO.

#13     Mar 17, 2009
  4. power

power

Barack Obama knew AIG was preparing to pay bonuses

WASHINGTON - Cue the outrage. For months, the Obama administration and members of Congress have known that insurance giant AIG was getting ready to pay huge bonuses while living off government bailouts. It wasn't until the money was flowing and news was trickling out to the public that official Washington rose up in anger and vowed to yank the money back.

Why the sudden furor, just weeks after Barack Obama's team paid out $30 billion in additional aid to the company? So far, the administration has been unable to match its actions to Obama's tough rhetoric on executive compensation. And Congress has been unable or unwilling to restrict bonuses for bailout recipients, despite some lawmakers' repeated efforts to do so.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsst...0090317/49bf2e50_3421_1334520090317-670572341

#14     Mar 17, 2009
  5. Humpy

Humpy

They dont call him

TOP HOG

for nothing

They should get the people that appointed these useless greedy idiots and find out why ??

Maybe try asking awkward questions like what did they get out of the appointment ?? and who appointed them and if they pretend not to know what was going on - then why not !!

#15     Mar 18, 2009
  6. Humpy

Humpy

In Japan he would have been forced to apologise humbly then killed himself

In the USA my bet says he will get a few unkind words and be laughing all the way to the bank

#16     Mar 18, 2009
  7. Ha, In the US, any attorney will tell you, never accept blame admit fault or take responsibility. Fer chrissakes, something as simple as an auto accident the insurance company puts right on their list of what not to do is to basically not to admit fault.

Grassley is out of touch with the real world. I wonder what his thoughts are on the few people who have commited suicide over financial losses recently, Maybe he ought to erect a monument in honor of these people who have done the "right thing". He can kiss my ass.

#17     Mar 18, 2009