Obama's State of the Union address

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 24, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I dont know where he is going with this whole thing, but he seems to be implying that he is somehow cleaning up the bureaucratic red tape in washington. This whole thing sounds like he is trying to pander to the people who are tired of the big government bullshit, and he is trying to pander to the right. Quite frankly the whole crowd looks like they are tired, as they have sat through this B.S. one too many times.

This might be one of Obama's worst speeches to date. It will be interesting to see how the left wing media spins this afterwords, im sure they will say he knocked it out of the park.

2. Epic

Epic

A large shift to the right from where he has been for three years.

Certainly sounds more like a campaign speech than a state of the union. If he actually implemented all of those ideas during his first three years, his re-election would be a given.

3. Epic

Epic

The biggest disagreement that I had with it was when he talked about the Buffet Tax rule. He described the tax situation as having just two options.

According to his speech, if the rich don't pay more, then:

1) The deficit goes up

or

2) Someone else makes up the difference

What ever happened to option #3 that every US household follows?

3) Spending less.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Apparently NBC agrees it was a weak speech, because the left wing line up they have covering it instantly shifted from Obama's speech to Romney's tax returns. I was surprised to see them not fawning over Obama's speech.

5. Max E.

Max E.

WOW, Mitch Daniels is even worse, he looks so awkward, he looks like a goddamn corpse..... Why wouldnt they have someone like Christie do the rebuttal.

6. Obama:

Master Lock's unionized plant in Milwaukee is running at full capacity.
    ------------

Check it out: (Putzy must have overlooked this industry)

Gun, Ammo Boom Has Manufacturers At Full Capacity

"The driver is fear of the current administration, of not being able to get guns and ammunition," said Kristi Hoffman, owner and manager of ammunition distributor Black Hills Ammunition.

Go long guns and locks....
    :D

BRB... I going to check out pitchforks...

7. Ricter

Ricter

He was reading from a teleprompter but trying to look natural. Plus, he didn't hear the president's speech.

8. pspr

pspr

9. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, the angle he was on, and the way his head was slanted, he was almost about to run the risk of pulling a Bachmann, and looking into the wrong damn camera..... :D

10. Mercor

Mercor

I never seen such a dull reception from the chamber.

Daniels had a great line "Trickle down Government does not work"

#10     Jan 24, 2012