Obama's spritiual mentor on a roll....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fractals 'R Us, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Well I agree that's silly. But racist? No.

In addition, if we're going to find Obama guilty for something someone else said long after he left to go to DC, then we should also find McCain guilty for Hagee and Parsley's statements (after which McCain embraced Hagee and accepted his endorsement.)

#12     Sep 9, 2008
  2. He hasn't said that. Presumably you're quoting someone else?

Your link doesn't show that. He condemns America, just as Hagee condemned all Catholics, but not "white America" in your link. Clearly you made it up.

The guy may be anti-American for condemning America in its history of treating black people unfairly, but he's not a racist.

#14     Sep 9, 2008
  3. cuz69

cuz69

Did you watch the video?? He clearly states at the very beginning of the video. He says GODDAMN WHITE AMERICA.
    Watch it again.

#15     Sep 9, 2008
  4. cuz69

cuz69

Ok, try this...

Google Rev Jeremiah Wright, than scroll about 5 from the top.
    Says... YOUTUBE-REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT hate... click on it! and watch the very beginning!

#16     Sep 9, 2008
  5. I am not totally familiar with what Hagee said, but from what i did read, you and others are just lying about him. He has a controversial and complex interpretation of the Book of Revelation and part of it is his conclusion that the Catholic Church is the Great Whore referred to therein. He is not attacking Catholics, in fact they would be victims in his interpretation, but the church establishment.

As for McCain, he of course was merely endorsed by these preachers. They were not his mentors, like Wright was for Obama, and he didn't attend their churches at all, unlike Obama who found wright's racist black separatist rantings quite satisfactory for 20 years.

Wright's whole theology is racist, as well as many statements and sermons he made. I doubt he went crazy only after Obama left town.

#17     Sep 9, 2008
  6. I've watched it twice now, he never says "goddamn white america" anywhere in the link that you provided.

#18     Sep 9, 2008
  7. "All hurricanes are acts of God, because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that.."

"Islam in general -- those who live by the Koran have a scriptural mandate to kill Christians and Jews."

'all I can tell you is that I am very proud to have Pastor John Hagee's support.' -- John McCain

"when [Hagee] endorses me, it does not mean that I embrace everything that he stands for or believes in." -- John McCain

Well McCain referred to Rod Parsley as his "spiritual guide." The guy who wants to kill all Muslims everywhere.

I'm not sure why you feel that Obama should be responsible for Wright, while McCain isn't responsible for his "spiritual guide."

#19     Sep 9, 2008
  8. Who says the most outrageous things possible?
    Religious people or non-religious people?

Are non-religious people naturally better at getting along with others, while religious people seek out conflict?

:)

#20     Sep 9, 2008