Obama's Speech Promises

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NeoRio1, Nov 21, 2008.

1. I think it would be fair to say Obama won most of his votes by looking like a candidate that will ultimately provide great solutions to an ailing country.

Look what he said in his speeches. Look what he said at the debates. Look what he said in interviews. He basically convinced at least 52% of the voters that he will be able to fix things in the country and the major issues of the economy.

Forget the far left and the far right. They are only minorities. The moderate people who voted for Obama did so because they were truly convinced that he will be able to provide a positive impact for the country.

First before the question it is important to understand that even if a clone of Regan, Washington and Lincoln were alive right now i doubt they would be able to get the country out of the mess because it can't be done even by great men. In my opinion the difference between Obama and those great men is that those great men would not have told the public that if they get elected there would be instant change for the better regarding the major issues of the economy.

Avid Obama supporters you may say Obama is dealing with the reality now. I will respond by saying that it doesn't matter, people voted for Obama because they think he can change the economy for the better soon. Changing it for the better soon is not possible.

So the country cannot be fixed yet 52% of the country is convinced Obama is the man to make their lives better. The American Peoples patience especially those leaning left was short lived for the Iraq War. They were told there were weapons of mass destruction and there were none. Now we have a man who has told the American people that he can bring change for the better to the ecnoomy.

A couple questions-

I think the backlash and dissapointment of Obama is going to be tremendous. First do you think there will be a backlash on Obama once the American people who voted for him figured out he can't fix the current economy?

Secondly i think Obama has less than a year to fix things. Logically speaking giving someone only a year to fix this mess is not fair but i strongly doubt the fickle moderate left is willing to wait longer than that. If you think there is going to be a backlash on Obama than how long do you think it will take for a full scale dissaproval in his ratings?

I sincerely think his supporters will receive a very uncomfortable awakening in the coming months.

2. This explains it all

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYk6QjKd3j4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYk6QjKd3j4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
    Adolf Hitler

4. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
    Adolf Hitler

5. The great mass of people will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one.
    Adolf Hitler

Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election.
    Adolf Hitler

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolf Hitler

The art of leadership... consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention.
    Adolf Hitler

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.
    Adolf Hitler

6. I promise that rioneoconbaby will blow out his account, even though the account is nothing but a simulation account.

:D

4 wasted years of college after a GED, time for demanding a refund...

7. We elected Obama so the talking head commies on Television will smile when they say "United States" instead of giving us a dirty look...

8. Obama's mass appeal and ability to connect with the middle class is in my opinion going to massively hurt him. Clinton and Richardson would have said the same things such as change but they would have never been able to organize such a massive cult of belief in change. This massive group of people are truly going to be hit hard with reality and soon.

9. Nothing is going to change really. What have Democrats done since Roosevelt? Give money to Blacks!! They have fought very hard to keep blacks from working in the private sector by suing the private sector for massive amounts, so much so that nobody in their right mind would hire a black.. that way the black voter either gets welfare or a gov. job and they are indebted to the public sector... and they have fought small business guys because they aren't Democrats.. never mind that small business guys are the job growth engine of the economy... and Democrats will support unions, that is why they were able to throw 700 billion to the banks without a care but are making the Management teams of the big 3 grovel at their feet for $25 billion, that's 3.5% the amount they threw away on the banks... it makes them look big and tough to the union guys.. the "change" word is an insult to our intelligence, not much more.. if the Democrats could get rid of big chunks of the constitution instead of weasel wording their way around them, they would come and get our property same as Hugo Chavez does... I recall a story where he took over the most beautiful farm in Venezuela "for the people"... "for the people" is the same as "change".. it's bullshit. That commie bastard and his pals are living in the farm, smoking cubans, laughing at the peasants..

10. HA! Welcome to the Junior Rush Limbaugh Cadets forum ...with solutions to everything. :D :D :D :D

#10     Nov 22, 2008