Obama's Russian handshake snub

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Jul 13, 2009.

1. More to the point, you should ask jficquette Fox's favorite question: Why do you hate America?

#51     Jul 14, 2009
  2. If the nutjob klannish were honest (which is probably impossible) if this had been Bush rather than Obama, they would be outraged at the Russians.

How about this: Obama is just a nice guy willing to extend his hand to another person upon meeting them.

The foul on this one goes to the Russians, who are showing their pettiness and lockstep snotty republikkkan style behavior.

Imagine if Obama had offered them the other hand?

Turned the other cheek so to speak...

The demonic so called right wing "Christians" would go nutz if Reagan had been treated with such consistent disrespect.

However, I have little doubt that Obama just internally shrugged it off as "mindless commies."

#52     Jul 14, 2009
  3. You certainly seem to have a closet full of homoerotic visuals. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

#53     Jul 14, 2009
  4. ak15

ak15

You're in denial. Plain and simple. The evidence is there for everyone to see. You can only show a horse where the water is, but you can't make the horse drink the water.

#54     Jul 14, 2009
  5. You need to watch it again a few times. Obama is gesturing to people one at a time and then the other person shakes the next hand. There is no way in the world this is a snub. Aside from the logic that a few different people would all snub the President, which alone makes it obvious he is gesturing.

#55     Jul 14, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I though it appropriate. Given most gays are also liberals. Therefore amongst our liberal members it stands to reason that a disproportionate number of you liberals are gay.

Like you.

#56     Jul 14, 2009
  7. No one whithout an angry purpose posts as much as you do about angry subjects. You are one ANGRY individual.

TURN OFF YOUR TV.

Go flight a kite in Mission Bay already.

#57     Jul 14, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

In the second half of the video I agree, but then I already said that. As for the second and third time he extends his hand, earlier in the video. It looks to me like he was waiting for a hand shake, no matter how many times I review it. You don't agree, fine.

What's amusing though is that with only two exceptions I've noticed so far. BO supporters can't/won't see the "snub".

Most of his detractors clearly see a snub.

The opinions are divided almost right down the middle of political party lines.

It never ceases to amaze me how we (collectively) can look at exactly the same thing and come to exactly opposite conclusions.

#58     Jul 14, 2009
  9. I am a social liberal, however, I don't meet the remainder of your criteria. Sorry to disappoint. Keep looking. You have clearly put a lot of thought into all things gay, and I'm confident that one day you'll meet a like-minded special someone with whom you'll have much to talk about.

#59     Jul 14, 2009
  10. My guess is that the ones that agree have a higher correlation of left/brain, right/brain orientation.

Here is a short test if anyone wants to take it. I think I posted it in chit chat once.

http://www.intelliscript.net/test_area/questionnaire/questionnaire.cgi?q=right_brain_left_brain_2

Here an article about how political affinities coincide with it.

http://neuropolitics.org/Conservative-Left-Brain-Liberal-Right-Brain.htm

John

#60     Jul 14, 2009