Obamas relationships get more ugly.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Oct 6, 2008.

1. With Obama's brotherhood of community organizers, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, more commonly known "ACORN," caught trying to steal the election and helping to bring about the financial crisis, Obama tries to distance himself from the extreme left-wing activists on his so-called anti-smear web site.

Obama represented ACORN, taught classes for future Leaders of ACORN, and ACORN endorsed his presidential campaign. In the Chicago Reader, Hank De Zutter writes:

"In 1992 Obama took time off to direct Project Vote.

Obama continues his organizing work largely through classes for future leaders identified by ACORN and the Centers for New Horizons on the south side.”

Even though Obama never took part in a trial, he was part of a team of attorneys who represented the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) in a lawsuit against the state of Illinois in 1995 to make it easier for the poor and others to register as voters.

ACORN’s political action committee endorsed Obama for President. The endorsement was based in part on Obama's work as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago.

Obama’s campaign paid more than $800,000 to ACORN for get-out-the-vote efforts, but “mistakenly misrepresented” what ACORN was doing to The Federal Election Commission. Some found this "mistake highly suspicious:

"Barack Obama's failure to accurately report his campaign's financial records is an incredibly suspicious situation that appears to be an attempt to hide his campaign's interaction with a left-wing organization previously convicted of voter fraud."

According to Donors Forum website [ifs.donorsforum.org, accessed 6/10/08], during the time Obama served on the board of directors of the Woods Fund (1993 to 2002), ACORN received thousands of dollars --$45,000 (2000), $30,000 (2001), $45,000 (2001), $30,000 (2002), And $40,000 (2002) -- in grants from the fund.

If I was Obama and my past as a community organizer was as closely tied to ACORN, and all it's fraudulent activities, as Obama's is, I'd try to hide it too.

The chief public advocate of the Consumers Rights League, James Terry, testified in Congress about ACORN’s on going pattern of fraud:

"ACORN routinely says it will clean up its act. Yet, given its decade-long history of voter fraud, embezzlement, and misuses of taxpayer funds, ACORN's pattern of fraud can no longer be dismissed as a series of 'unfortunate events."

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for an ACORN-like "community organizer" presidency.

Some recent examples of ACORN's nefarious activities include:

Fraudulent voter registration in Connecticut:

Joseph Borges, registrar of voters in Bridgeport said that more than 20% of the thousands of registrations submitted by ACORN were "fraudulent or duplicate."

Fraudulent voter registration in Florida:

“Local elections officials are looking into potential election fraud and some of the information is pointing to a Democratic-leaning voter's group....Seminole County's elections supervisor is holding up dozens of voter registration applications because they appear to be fraudulent: wrong addresses, bad signatures and more. … Many of the applications with suspect information were turned-in by the activist group ACORN.”

Fraudulent voter registration in Indiana:

"Lake County elections officials acknowledged they have found problems and had to reject a large portion of the 5,000 registration forms turned in recently by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, an activist group that conducted registration drives across the county this summer.

[. . .]

Elections Board Director Sally LaSota and Ruthann Hoagland, a county elections board technologist overseeing voter registration, said Wednesday it appears some ACORN vote canvassers pulled names and addresses from telephone books and forged their signatures. Curley said one registration form was filled out in the name and address of Jimmy John's, a Crown Point fast-food outlet. Another registration, dated in August, is in the name of a Gary man who died Nov. 16, 2007, according to his death certificate."

Fraudulent voter registration in Nevada:

In Clark County, Nevada, ACORN submitted 2,000 To 3,000 fraudulent voter applications a week:

"The group [ACORN] has drawn accusations of voter fraud and criminal investigations in several states. Last year, authorities in Washington state brought felony charges against ACORN workers for filing false voter registrations. Some ACORN workers pleaded guilty and went to jail, while the organization paid $25,000 and agreed to have its registration efforts monitored in a settlement with Washington state authorities. [Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry] Lomax said while he supports the goal of getting more people registered to vote, he sees rampant fraud in the 2,000 to 3,000 registrations ACORN turns in every week.”

Fraudulent voter registration in New Mexico:

“Such is the situation for Bernalillo County, which reported, the day before Obama’s Española rally, that it had received 1,100 fraudulent voter-registration cards. While there is no information, yet, on where those cards came from, Matthew Henderson, ACORN’s New Mexico head organizer, acknowledges some could have come from his group."

Fraudulent voter registration in North Carolina:

“A Durham official is asking state elections administrators to check approximately 80 voter registration forms for possible fraud. … Mike Ashe, Durham County's elections director, said the forms were among about 4,000 submitted to his office over the past four to six weeks by a national left-wing group called Acorn … Ashe's staff also learned this week of irregularities with a handful of other registrations. It was not clear who was responsible for these problems. … ‘This is serious, obviously,’ Ashe said.”

Fraudulent voter registration in Ohio:

ACORN has submitted about 75,000 voter registration cards to the Cuyahoga board this year.

[. . .]

At its Tuesday meeting, the elections board canceled five fraudulent registrations submitted by ACORN workers. The cases involved already-registered voters who alerted the board after being notified by mail that their registration records had been updated.

[. . .]

In August 2006, elections boards in Franklin and Summit counties investigated potentially bogus registration cards submitted by ACORN. The Franklin board turned over 500 cards to its county prosecutor, but the board's Deputy Director Matthew Damschroder said the prosecutor could not file charges because it was impossible to nail down who filled out the fake cards.

Fraudulent voter registration in Pennsylvania:

“Philadelphia elections officials are accusing the nonprofit advocacy group ‘Acorn’ of filing fraudulent voter registrations in advance of the April 22nd Pennsylvania primary. Acorn, which advocates on behalf of low-income residents in the city, has mounted a voter registration drive in the past few months. But city election commissioners are complaining that many of the submitted registrations appear to be faulty, and they have forwarded the matter to the district attorney's office for further investigation."

Fraudulent voter registration in Pennsylvania:

“Criminal investigations could be launched against at least six voter registration workers who tried to add dead, imprisoned or imaginary people to the voter rolls, according to the Milwaukee Election Commission and the organization that employed them. Officials are reviewing some 200 to 300 fraudulent voter registration cards, Sue Edman, the commission's executive director, said Wednesday. … In about 12 cases, deputy registrars paid by ACORN were ‘making people up or registering people that were still in prison,’ said Carolyn Castore, ACORN's state political director. And in other cases, workers used the same address for numerous voters or used driver's license numbers that did not fit the voters' birth dates, Edman said. But most of the fraud involved submitting duplicate cards for voters who were already registered, and forging the voters' signatures, Castore said.”

Nope, I'm not ready for an ACORN-like "community organizer" presidency.

2. TGregg

TGregg

Fortunately, we can count on the MSM to research this and report the facts. :)

3. To me, his association with ACORN is almost more troubling than Bill Ayers. ACORN is a group of thugs. They do stuff like send a busload of goons out to some bank president's house at 6 AM to "protest."

4. Over a month ago I wrote here at ET that Acorn was a problem. I was told that I was just picking at nothing. This group really is a Titanic class iceberg. But too many folks don't care to hear that. :)

5. 50_Bip

50_Bip

Obama is going to win, so get over it.

6. wjk

wjk

It doesn't matter. The majority of the media has his back. And if they wanted to report the character issues, I believe he will still win. Too many people want to have a prez who can say nuclear properly, or want badly to have an AA as prez so they can say "see, we aren’t racist". His ideology matters to the lefties here, but probably doesn't to the majority.

I believe he will win, and my hope is that just enough republicans will still be in power to hopefully stand in the way of an avalanche to the left.

Look at the bright side. He will not have much money to implement programs, and does he dare raise taxes in a deepening recession? Time will tell on that one.

7. Yannis

Yannis

8. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO Exclusive: OBAMA IS A METH ADDICT!!!

"I have confirmation that Obama’s big secret is that he’s a meth addict.

Confirmation of speculation that is.

I mean, look how skinny that guy is. Probably because of drugs. I’m guessing meth, because he likes doing whatever the popular kids are doing. Probably buys it from his terrorist buddy Ayers to help fund his terrorist activities.

Also, if someone told you there is a meth addict named Obama, isn’t this what you think he’d look like (picture below):

Until I see his medical records to the contrary, I think it’s safe to assume he does lots of meth and rants against America and our troops to his terrorist friends when high. He should not be in charge of the country. He probably shouldn’t even be around his children. What a disgrace."

:) :) :)

9. ak15

ak15

What do you know? We've got a 'cut and paste' JH in our midst.

10. It's OVER people! Obama in a fucking LANDSLIDE!!! Four more weeks of racial attacks and McCain will have used up all of his "war hero" capital. He will go down in history as just another slimy politician. HAHAHAHAHA!

#10     Oct 6, 2008