Obama's plan to provide electricty - to Africa.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

President Barack Obama plans to announce an initiative to enhance access to electricity across Africa by tapping the continent’s vast energy resources and attracting international investment.

U.S. administration officials said the $7 billion venture, dubbed Power Africa, will complement an additional $9 billion in private funds to double access to power in sub-Saharan Africa, where more than two-thirds of the population is without electricity, according to the White House. Obama will unveil the program today in a speech at the University of Cape Town...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-to-boost-africans-access-to-electricity.html

Really? $7 BILLION we don't have when our own infrastructure is crumbling before our very eyes?

Obama = fucking idiot.

2. Max E.

Max E.

So let me get this straight, at the same time obama goes after the fossil fuel industry in the states, and kills 10's of thsousands of jobs in the processs, he then turns around and gives 7 billion to africa to develop their crude resources? What a fucking joke.

Does anyone out there need any more evidence than this that liberals use the global warming scdheme as a vehicle to transfer wealth from americand pockets right into the hands of people in third world countries?

3. pspr

pspr

Besides, they would just blow it all up with wars anyway.

Maybe we could just send them the power that the White House uses. We could just lay a cable across the Atlantic and divert Obama's electricity to Africa. That should be enough.

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, he's long surpassed needing to be impeached.:mad:

In addition, he's paying back democratic states like WV that produce coal, and did NOT go blue for him either election. I'd call him a dirty son of a bitch, but in actuality, he's a tyrant, and a communist. Hell bent on destroying America...

5. Eight

Eight

Communists are all tryrants. I do believe that term describes his politics. His earliest big backer was George Soros, his church is about Liberation Theology, his voting record put him at the farthest left end of the spectrum. Democrats are fools for hosting commies in their ranks but there 'ya go, that's what they do.

The economy is reflecting marxist leadership, it's barely struggling to expand in the part of the business cycle where it should be booming.

I do agree with him on coal though, it's horrible the way we burn it. Coal burning is what has put all the mercury in the oceans and it puts more radiation in the atmosphere than all the nuclear disasters combined. If there is a way to burn coal without all the poisoning of the food chain I'd say go for it but clean coal just isn't economical. The coal industry needs to be shoved off the back edge of the world into the abyss of Really Stupid History.