Obama's North Korea Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Do you get all your information from Fox News?

Why can't countries be diplomatic, peaceful and just trade with one another? North Korea is not a threat to the United States nor has it ever been. We should remove all our troops from South Korea and remove any tension. North Korea has a right to be pissed off at America and has a right to defend itself.

How would you feel if China was hostile to the U.S. and had 50,000 troops stationed in Cuba? You would be pissed too. North Korea wouldn't have any "tough talk" if America and other countries weren't telling it how to act and what weapons they can have.

That's funny you label me a liberal. I guess the ultra conservative neo-conservatives are so good at foreign policy. Bush certainly did a great job in Iraq and throughout the Middle East. He even has pissed off our allies. By the way, you know how Cheney acts like such a tough guy now... well did you know that when it was his time to serve for the US he received FOUR Deferments. Bush also fled to the Texas Air Guard. There go your tough neo-conservatives.

#11     Jun 15, 2009
  2. Welcome back Lucrum...

North Korea may be a threat to other countries like Japan, but it is not a threat to America. Let Japan and North Korea negotiate and everything will be fine. America should keep it's nose out of other people's business.

Why do we have to get involved with other countries' foreign affairs? The only involvement the US should have is in international organizations to support diplomatic solutions. Putting our military on the border of North Korea won't solve anything... it will elevate the tension.

#12     Jun 15, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

President Barack Obama said the blast and North Korea's test firings of short-range missiles off its coast "pose a grave threat to the peace and security of the world,"

Maybe you should write a letter and tell Obama he's full of shit then, I don't make foreign policy.

#13     Jun 15, 2009
  4. True.... I agree.

Any country that possesses nuclear weapons is a threat to the security of the world.

To give some more extreme examples... 1) Pakistan, formerly run by a military dictator (which the CIA helped put in power by organizing a coup to overthrow a democratically elected president) had threatened to nuke India. But we are allies with Pakistan, so the media doesn't run with that story. 2) China has also threatened to use nuclear weapons on its own people in Taiwan. They refuse to allow succession.

I should also give Obama a history lesson. The US is the only country that has used nuclear weapons against a civilian population! Someone should tell us that we can't have any nuclear weapons.

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. :confused:

But that world does not include the United States since you said North Korea is not a threat to the US.

Are you, by any chance, bi-polar?

#15     Jun 15, 2009
  6. You surely have a linear way of thinking if you fail to understand how "world" was used in that context. :)

#16     Jun 15, 2009