Obama's new losing streak?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, May 12, 2008.

1. Yannis

Yannis

Who knows what the market will do... But, this economy is helped a lot from recently increased exports and lower imports - a more expensive $$ is not what you want.

#11     May 13, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

Posted By flytiger At The Jokes2 Thread

"Jewish World Review May 13, 2008 / 8 Iyar 5768
    Bill Clinton Switches to Obama
    By Andy Borowitz

Latest Superdelegate Defection for Hillary

http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | In what some Democratic Party insiders are calling a particularly ominous sign for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, former president Bill Clinton today became the latest superdelegate to switch from Sen. Clinton to her rival, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill).
    Sources close to the former president said that Mr. Clinton had been mulling such a defection for weeks, as early as the night of the Iowa primary, but that he only decided to make his decision public today.
    "The American people want change," Mr. Clinton said at a press conference in New York. "Lord knows I do."
    The former president said that "sometimes, at the end of a race, you have to put an old horse down," adding, "I'm not speaking metaphorically."
    Mr. Clinton fueled speculation that he was seeking a role in an Obama administration, saying, "I know my way around the Oval Office, and I know how the super-secret double-lock works."
    The former president said he would relish a return to the White House, calling his tenure there "good times."
    For her part, Sen. Clinton said that the defection of her husband would not deter her from staying in the race, adding, "To my knowledge, he's the only white voter Sen. Obama has."
    The New York senator denied that she was playing the race card, arguing, "Every other member of my family is supporting me, and by the way, they're white."

Andy's Archives"

:) :) :)

#12     May 13, 2008
  3. Maybe it’s not what you want. But since we've had a hollowing out of the American economy a lower dollar is not all that great.

Besides if you’re a foreign investor do you really want to park your cash in a currency that is being debased? Even if your cost basis is lower and your tax basis lower?

I don’t think so….

#13     May 13, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

No hollowing - the economy is strong and getting stronger over the next year or so.

I understand the "foreigner parking money" argument and that's a problem that affects the price of the USD for the most part. Therefore, no real problem for the average American, again for the most part.

The most important measures to watch is first real growth, and underneath that, inflation and unemployment. None of these need a strong USD, but a sensible economic policy and low taxes.

I'm all for balancing the budget, don't get me wrong. But, do it through less spending and no pork/earmarks. That stupid war better end soon too.

#14     May 13, 2008
  5. I'm still blaming the American voter for GWB. Twice.

#15     May 13, 2008
  6. Yannis

Yannis

In that case blame me - I voted for him twice and I would do it again, because, imo, he's been a great president in a very difficult period of our history. Can you imagine 9/11 during WhiteWaterGate or MonicaGate? We would have sucked up to AlQaeda and invited them to join the UN and open up shop in NYC, right next to Saddam's embassy...:)

#16     May 13, 2008
  7. Can we blame you for teaching those dirty Iraqi's to fly air liner's?

#17     May 13, 2008
  8. Looks like obama got his ass whopped in W Virginia

#18     May 14, 2008
  9. What made the last eight years of American history "a very difficult period"?

The last eight years was a walk-in-the-park. Was there a world war going on? No. Was there domestic civil war? No. Was there an economic depression? No. You think 9-11 a difficult time? In the grand scheme of things it's a pinprick. Americans have become soft and childishly paranoid.

Before 9-11 I remember speaking to a Russian who grew up in the United States. He said he was moving back to Russia because he could see the US was in decline. Americans he thought were losing their edge. I didn't know what he was talking about. After 9-11 I saw it clearly. If a dust mite like bin Laden can derail an elephant like the US then there is something wrong with the US.

#19     May 14, 2008
  10. Childishly paranoid after three jet liners are used as weapons against civilians and the Pentagon?

I think not.

America may be in decline, but still beats the hell out of just about any place else in my book.

#20     May 14, 2008