Obama's New Get Out The Vote Strategy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Monkey Boy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. OF course, the best republikan strategery is to keep disabled vets from voting:

"Op-Ed Contributor
    Help Our Veterans Vote

By SUSAN BYSIEWICZ
    Published: August 10, 2008

Hartford

WHAT is the secretary of Veterans Affairs thinking? On May 5, the department led by James B. Peake issued a directive that bans nonpartisan voter registration drives at federally financed nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and shelters for homeless veterans. As a result, too many of our most patriotic American citizens — our injured and ill military veterans — may not be able to vote this November.

I have witnessed the enforcement of this policy. On June 30, I visited the Veterans Affairs Hospital in West Haven, Conn., to distribute information on the state’s new voting machines and to register veterans to vote. I was not allowed inside the hospital.

Outside on the sidewalk, I met Martin O’Nieal, a 92-year-old man who lost a leg while fighting the Nazis in the mountains of Northern Italy during the harsh winter of 1944. Mr. O’Nieal has been a resident of the hospital since 2007. He wanted to vote last year, but he told me that there was no information about how to register to vote at the hospital and the nurses could not answer his questions about how or where to cast a ballot.
    "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/11/o...ef=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Seneca

#11     Oct 8, 2008
  2. Mav88

Mav88

I have seen in my county a 'teacher', with an obvious bias towards the democrats, talk to the retarded people in the county MRDD program about the two candidates and them take them to vote. Guess who they voted for?

There are absolutely no qualifications to vote or have children, two of the most important functions in out society. Democrats by and large depend on the stupid people voting for them more than the repubs do, just look up all the laws about how democrats want people to be able to vote at the wrong precinct. Just sit and watch all the demo dumbasses stroll in your voting place and have to be told they are at the wrong place.

Palm beach county anyone?

#12     Oct 8, 2008
  3. Mav88

Mav88

seneca, that says nothing about republicans

#13     Oct 8, 2008
  4. ROFL...thats change you can believe in

#14     Oct 8, 2008
  5. I'm not sure which of my posts you refer to, but the first was provided by consultants hired by the republikens in the 04 election and the second by the republican administration.

So which republicans are you referring to?

Seneca

#15     Oct 8, 2008
  6. Mav88

Mav88

the second post, and I'm not giving my life story to the times in order to real the link

#16     Oct 8, 2008
  7. I posted the gist of the story that the rep. will not allow VETERANS who risked their lives for the country to be registered to vote, including a 94 year old one.

How shamefull.

S

#17     Oct 8, 2008

8. lol :D

#18     Oct 8, 2008
  9. 1 in 4 vets in the U.S. are homeless.

Does that change anyone's mind about letting homeless people vote?

There's always ignorance in abundance in the world. That I'm sure of.

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. 1 in 4 vets? That can't be true.

#20     Oct 8, 2008