Obama's New 24/7 Hotline To Help Busted Illegals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 30, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

What's next? A hotline to help captured murderers?

As states across the nation ramp up their efforts to catch illegal immigrants, the Obama administration on Thursday launched a new free hotline for people busted on violations to get help.

The hotline, run by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, is available 24/7 for detained individuals to phone if they think they “may be U.S. citizens or victims of a crime.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70943.html#ixzz1i2uaRBy2

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder when they call. Do they have to press "one" for English?

3. pspr

pspr

LOL That's a good question.

Detainees who "believe they may be US citizens or victims of a crime" may call (855) 448-6903 to talk to ICE personnel who “will collect information from the individual and refer it to the relevant ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Field Office for immediate action,” the agency said in a press release.

The hotline will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with translation services in several languages provided from 7 am until midnight EST, the agency said.

4. Which part of “may be U.S. citizens or victims of a crime” you don't understand?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

How is it someone could not know if they're a citizen or a victim of a crime, that they need to call and ask?

6. you guys are missing the point

there are many us citizens who can not speak english nor express themselves accurately.

I have seen many immigrants who became us citizens but have no idea about their rights and some can not even say their name.

remember the mexican american guy who was trying to get in from the mexican border station where he was asked in English and he was not able to answer in English? He was detained and only after a week of investigation they understood that he was a US citizen.

What a rotten country this country became!!!

7. pspr

pspr

Yup! He should have had his citizenship stripped from him right then and there for not being able to speak English. :p

8. Max E.

Max E.

:D