Obamas "merit pay" for teachers....(oh i cant see ANYTHING going wrong with this!)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Holy crap, that's exactly how executive & upper management compensation works.

Obama is learning from the best.

#11     Mar 10, 2009
  2. I was under the impression that the teachers would be assessed by how the students performed on exams administered by the state or some other organization, not by how they graded their students.

#12     Mar 10, 2009
  3. Peiltin has a good point. To eliminate the chance of this happening and to improve the "self-esteem" of the students a new grading system will be introduced: P/F Pass or Fail.

#13     Mar 10, 2009
  4. Easy! Random testing. If a teacher has a class unusually marks, the class gets tested. Shouldn't be too difficult to pass considering how we've dumbed down public education to a neanderthal level.

#14     Mar 10, 2009
  5. I agree there has to be some sort of testing that is conducted by outsiders, and if the results are good then the teachers should get their merit-pay.

We sure don't want to write blank checks to the teachers like we wrote to Halliburton.

#15     Mar 10, 2009
  6. Oh i dont know, how about going back to when america did rule the world in education back in say the 40s or 50s. Hmm..what did they do different back then? Oh thats right, they slapped the kids hands with a ruler if they cut class, or spanked them with a paddle if they got out of line. If kids got bad grades, then the parents use the belt on the kids at home. Obviously we cant do this anymore because its now a crime to discipline your kids the way that works.

Obviously this new age crap worrying about kids "self-esteem" isnt working. Time to go back to what does work.

This is why india has so many of our jobs. They do get the ruler out for kids there and beat the education into them and then when they get older, they take the jobs given them for the wage given them instead of staying unemployed hoping for that 50 dollar an hour wage that their "self esteem" says they are "worth"

Isnt it better to have a job at any wage than no job at no wage? Not in america! Its much better to have no job than a job that pays you less than you think you are worth, right?

#16     Mar 10, 2009
  7. cstfx

cstfx

A job where you get a paycheck if you don't do your job? Even if you don't show up? Hey, My buddy Tony has a job like that with his family and such.

Teachers Unions are nothing but gov't sanctioned mobs.

#17     Mar 10, 2009