Obama's 'Layoff Bomb' Is Starting To Go Off

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I had to have an MRI a couple of years ago. My damned co-pay was almost $4k and I wondered how they decide who gets an MRI and who doesn't.

When I got on the table that slides into the machine they were strapping me down very tightly because my shoulders are slightly larger then the opening of the machine so they just cranked the straps down very tightly with my arms crossed. While they were doing that I noticed a bright red bulb placed near where my hands were, a large button basically. I asked what it was and they said to squeeze the bulb when I couldn't stand to be in the machine any longer. I said "really?, how long does this take?" and they said about 20 minutes. I muttered that I could take *anything* for 20 minutes so "no problem".

I lasted 4 and half minutes before I was honking on that damned bulb. :D

It was so loud that even with ear plugs and ear protection over the top of the plugs the noise was intolerable. I'm pretty sure it damaged my hearing. For an electrical engineer, having a magnetron operating 5 inches away from your face was seriously disturbing.

#51     Nov 1, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

That was 5 minutes longer than I would have lasted. I would have been out the door as soon as I saw the machine. No no no no no. Just let me die, I'll be fine. :D

#52     Nov 1, 2012
  3. Oddly, the league was all white at one point because blacks could not play, and as recently as the 80's there was a glass ceiling in the skilled position of quarterback.

So it was AA that allowed the first black athletes to play, and if AA was needed because of a dearth of white players where 10 blacks had to compete for nine slots, I would not be very sympathetic to contestant number ten as he can in dead last.

In fact AA is available to whites right now in order to generate diversity.

#53     Nov 2, 2012
  4. This is false. But Matt Drudge will not tell you that, will he?

#54     Nov 2, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

What a load of shit.

#55     Nov 2, 2012
  6. Back to your one line redneck rants I see.:D

#56     Nov 2, 2012
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Which brings up an interesting point. If we are all paying for healthcare for everybody (whether via insurance or socialized medicine or obamacare), then we will eventually have to decide how much we are willing to pay, and once the patient crosses that line we will say "sucks to be you, now go crawl off into a corner and die." There are levels that most reasonable people would agree to, say $10MM to stretch out some geezers life as a bed-ridden dollar sink by one miserable month. I mean, that's pretty unreasonable to just about everyone other than (perhaps) the geezer and his family.

That's the path you guys are choosing - both having to decide if someone else lives or dies and letting someone else decide if *you* live or die.

#57     Nov 2, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's really all your BS posts warrant.

#58     Nov 2, 2012
  9. You are in denial. There is AA for whites. It just blows up your pathetic racist argument, so you ignore it.

#59     Nov 2, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Whites don't need AA, only your type does.

Which reminds me, I wonder why the airlines and FAA haven't adopted AA for pilots.

#60     Nov 2, 2012