Obama's latest plan - $3000 for everyone to buy thingamajigs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I feel so much more confident now. In fact I think I'll go ahead and spend $3,000 on thingamajigs in anticipation of getting the FREE $3,000 Odumbo has just promised me.

Now I have only to decide what color(s) I want.

3. So where's the context of that statement? I mean the beginning of the speech. What is he talking about ? It's almost as if there was selective editing here to fit an agenda and take things out of context. I hate that dishonest shit. You can stuff your video snippet where the sun does not shine.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then you must really hate the liberal democrats.

5. pspr

pspr

I think that is called buying votes. Why not just call for the repeal of the income tax. (oh, I forgot, 50% don't pay income tax anyway)

6. Ricter

Ricter

Well said.

Even some of our resident righties have said that maybe, if government is going to do this stimulus thingy, it should just cut a check for every citizen. Personally I'd like to see some investment grade spending, say on infrastructure, but the principle is the same: enable effective demand.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, what we said was "it would have been better to cut a $25000 check (stimulus total divided by citizen) than to spend it on worthless projects with no payback." But no one that calls themselves a conservative wanted either.

8. That thing-a-ma-jig for a furnance is usually a thermocouple. Costs about 50 bucks, but a deal from the government for 3 grand.:eek: