Obamas job conference

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by abducens, Dec 4, 2009.

1. How did this conference happen the day before unemployment drops .2%, is he just really lucky?

2. clacy

clacy

No, and even more ridiculous, is that the Chamber of Commerce was NOT invited....

They dared to not support Obama's health care reform, so he said, F YOU.

3. S2007S

S2007S

Getting really tired of all this talk about how they are going to create jobs, out of the 7+ million jobs lost over the last 18 months at least half of them will be gone for good. You have to be crazy to believe that unemployment rates would drop back down to 2007 levels anytime in the next 5 years or so, I think it may even take decades to even see something close to a 4% unemployment rate. Even if job growth were to pick up it would be nothing close to how it was during the last 20 years or so, the last decade alone created millions of jobs only to see those millions of jobs disappear in only 2-3 years. Yes jobs might pick up but it will not even be close to what it was like during the housing bubble when the economy was adding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month. I would love to know how they are going to create jobs, I believe the new norm for unemployment will be something along the lines of 6-8% with GDP only being around 2% going forward.

4. Umm, that's like not inviting girls to an orgy.