Obama's Job Approval Now Below Carter's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 29, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

President Obama's slow ride down Gallup's daily presidential job approval index has finally passed below Jimmy Carter, earning Obama the worst job approval rating of any president at this stage of his term in modern political history.

Since March, Obama's job approval rating has hovered above Carter's, considered among the 20th century's worst presidents, but today Obama's punctured Carter's dismal job approval line. On their comparison chart, Gallup put Obama's job approval rating at 43 percent compared to Carter's 51 percent.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...11/29/obamas-job-approval-drops-below-carters

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The worst in history according to that article...

[​IMG]

3. pspr

pspr

Either way it spells "ONE TERMER".

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Carter was incompetent particularly with regard to foreign policy but he was not nearly as divisive or partisan as Obama is.

The polls posted by IQ-47 seem to indicate that Obama could defeat most of the individual republican candidates if they were nominated. I find it difficult to believe that since reelecting Obama would be almost suicidal economically but I guess there is no disguising the stupidity of the american public.

The republicans can't seem to find the right candidate. I like Newt but can't picture him as President, that would be a seriously undisciplined Presidency that is for sure. Romney is... dull and more of the same. Cain seems to be something of a philanderer. Perry was so unimpressive in debates that he is finished.

I can see why the democrats think their man can win.

5. JamesL

JamesL

Had to find out why Carter's numbers jumped so much ... poll was taken a few weeks after Iran stormed our embassy and took hostages. The bounce was probably ye old "support the president in a crisis" bit.

If you look at the news today, SOMEONE tried to replicate that again except this time with Iran and the Brits.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The polls ak47 posted are as such because there are a bunch of contenders in the race. I wouldn't pay them very much attention. When there is one vs. Obama, you will see the effect quite clearly.

7. Mercor

Mercor

This is why Ron Paul looks good with his 15%. When divided 5 ways 15% looks like a leader.

Once it narrows 15% will drop you from the race