Obama's Infomercial Outdraws Regular Programs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Obama's Weds night informercial easily did better than the shows normally seen in that time slot.

Obama ad boosts network ratings

"UPDATED: If Barack Obama fails to win the election, perhaps the networks should hire him to entertain viewers on Wednesday nights.

On average, Obama's 30-minute primetime infomercial managed to outperform the usual broadcast programming in the 8 p.m. time period.

The Obama special was seen by about 26.4 million viewers across broadcasters CBS, NBC and Fox, according to preliminary Nielsen ratings. If you add Spanish-language broadcaster Univision, that total climbs to 30.1 million.

Now the tricky question is: What do you compare Obama's ad to? After all, such a national pre-election special hasn�t been attempted in 16 years.

The entertainment programming that usually runs in the slot on those three networks has averaged a cumulative 23.1 million viewers each week since the start of the season -- 12% lower than the Obama ad total. Put another way, the time period averages about 7.7 million viewers and a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating per network. In the preliminary ratings, the ad pulled an average of 9.2 million viewers and a 2.7 average rating per network -- boosting the advertiser-friendly adult demo by 13%. "

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/10/obama-ad-rating.html

2. lassic

lassic

lol, FOX
    money talks

3. Are you suggesting more people watched Obama's video than normally watch the regular programming in that time slot because someone paid off FOX?

I would suspect they watched for the usual reason, because they wanted to.

Seneca

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that a number of people watched for the same reason I did, curious.

5. I didn't watch it because I don't have a TV

6. In comparison, 19.8-million watched the last 3 innings of the World Series.

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That's because next to soccer, baseball is the most boring game on god's green earth.

8. he didn't mention mccain once in the show. could mccain talk 5 minutes without mentioning Obama?

McCain, please tell us for the FIRST time, what are you FOR?

9. He seems to be for name calling, innuendo, keeping Bush's policies, and a very lousy health policy. And, of course, bad judgment most notably in his allowing someone else to pick national disgrace Palin as VP. Palin did not even know what the VP does when asked by some school kids.

Seneca