Obama's homosexual affairs heating up - book now bestseller in Germany

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Aug 19, 2009.

1. So your saying the foundation and source of legal authority and supreme law in this country is a silly standard?

Once again are you trying to look bad?

#31     Aug 19, 2009
  2. The republican motto:

"If you can't beat 'em, slur 'em..."

#32     Aug 19, 2009
  3. There are distinguished legal scholars arguing about what constitution meant non stop, if you are going to use love of constitution as the standard of love for america that means all non lawyers hate america. Constitutional law is one of the most complex courses in an average law school and for good reason.

Any yahoo can walk around talking about his 1st, 2nd, 4th amendment rights but to grasp it as fully as possible you need to be a lawyer.

#33     Aug 19, 2009
  4. When did I say the constitution can only be interpreted one way?

#34     Aug 19, 2009
  5. "You answer this problem by understanding which candidate correlates more with the founding of this country."

#35     Aug 19, 2009
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's leave W. out of the discussion!

#36     Aug 19, 2009
  7. Nothing makes me more impatient than this constant BS about how liberals mess up the Constitution.
    Simple question for all a youse: explain the below two clauses, which come one after another in the Constitution (under Section 8, the powers of Congress):

#37     Aug 19, 2009
  8. I am a loose constructionist so I don't care really. I am of the opinion that no matter how bright, the founding fathers with 18th and 19th century men and that is their limitation. Society should be able to adapt and manage itself through time and not feel forever chained to opinions of men who died long ago.

#38     Aug 19, 2009
  9. There's things that can be interpreted, and things that can't. This one's pretty clear. We'll see if anyone can come up with the reason for the peculiarity embedded in there.

#39     Aug 19, 2009
  10. Maybe they thought that the standing NAVY is essential for self defence and protection of commerce and could not be used for oppression of one's own citizens while a standing army would.

#40     Aug 19, 2009