Obama's homosexual affairs heating up - book now bestseller in Germany

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Yet you , mercor and many others cant keep me off your minds

Here is a tip for you and mercor,there is an ignore function on this forum :)

#21     Aug 19, 2009
  2. Do you try to look bad?

#22     Aug 19, 2009
  3. Notice before my interaction with merc and maxipad my post was about politics and the thread topic,Mercor and Maxine's post were about me

Mercor and Repubs know deep down that Obama is likely a 2 term pres which is why he is a 2-1 favorite for re election

Rather then betting 33 to win 66 if they really believed Obama was a 1 termer,they would rather insult me for stating the facts they don't want to hear

#23     Aug 19, 2009
  4. I knew someone would be stupid enough to be outraged by this. Here is a simple proof why "how much one loves america" is superificial nonsense.

Try measuring it and comparing it. Kerry went to vietnam, Bush stayed in the texas air national guard. Who loved their country more?

#24     Aug 19, 2009
  5. Of course you can't tell who loves America more based solely on military service.

You answer this problem by understanding which candidate correlates more with the founding of this country.

You however cannot answer the problem because you passionately support candidates who strongly differ from the founders of this country.

#25     Aug 19, 2009
  6. The country chose W in 2004 even though he did everything in his power to run away from danger in his youth. Too many red necks believed W was more "american" than kerry even though Kerry went into a very dangerous part of the world.

I stand by my point. The concept of "love for one's country" cannot be quantified, and as such, is essentially useless for comparing political candidates.

N.B If you knew more of US history, you would realize that the "founders" were VASTLY different in their beliefs.

Jefferson favored a society of independent agrarians and favored france over britain

Hamilton was an industrialist and imperialist and essentially wanted US to be a dominant world power and gravitated toward Britain

Adams was of the same (federalist) party as Hamilton but despised the man deeply (jefferson despised Adams, Madison despised Hamilton too)

etc., etc.

#26     Aug 19, 2009
  7. My statements were based off of what they CREATED. What did they create Publix? Do you know?

#27     Aug 19, 2009
  8. Are you dumb? They "created" USA but their ideas for US future were vastly different, therefore the concept of being "like the founders" is a moronic one. For example, Jefferson favored the "compact theory" which said that states came into the union out of their own accord and could secede if necessary if the "compact" was broken, others were more government centric.

#28     Aug 19, 2009
  9. Let me give you a hint. They created a document. The founders who created the document were called framers.

#29     Aug 19, 2009
  10. Dude, the founders and the framers are not the same thing. The framers are a subset of the founders. Jefferson created declaration of independence but did not attend the constitutional convention for example. You originally specified the founders not the framers.

Even among the framers, there were conflicts (madison v. hamilton comes to mind).

So your concept of "one's love for america" comes down to who loves (or follows?) the constitution the most? Problem is, it is vague on purpose and strict vs loose constructionism comes to mind. It is a silly standard. Why don't you give it up and just realize that one's love for the country cannot be quanitifed and my statement while not politically correct (or acceptable to fox viewers) is entirely correct.

#30     Aug 19, 2009