obama's handling of the economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Nov 20, 2009.

obama economic competence view

1. is obama handling the economy well

8 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. is obama doing satisfactorily

12 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. is obama doing poorly

20 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. is obama losing control

54 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. I will tell u something though, Obama cannot be taken out in an election, there are still many dumbasses who will vote for him regardless of what he does and of coz there is the black community who will back Obama to the hilt even if it becomes a dictatorship.

It is time that Americans have the guts to stand up and realise not every change in governance has to go through a democratic process.

#11     Nov 20, 2009
  2. Obama has been in office for less than 10 months.

I do like Obama, but the longer he is in offfice, the more I get convinced that making great speeches is not the answer!

One fundamental problem is, he is just a lawyer! Not an economist! And not an engineer!

One fundamental problem is, he doesn't understand the economy! The problem is, he's either unwilling or unable to create the kind of environment that fosters production that ultimately creates prosperity!

It would be a DARN GOOD idea to dispatch the FBI and CIA to recover assets that have been stashed overseas by corrupt US bankers, including the Fed. But is HE willing to do that? Nope!!

Instead, he (and his wife) use all the taxpayer money they can get their hands on, and travel all over the world in first class, in a private jet, in Air Force One, and in bulletproof cars that are airlifted for them -- at taxpayer expense of course -- to whatever country they wish to go to -- while they accomplishe little or nothing!

One problem is, there is NOT going to be any recovery without the badly needed U.S. jobs!

Because before we can see recovery, we need the following combination: Employers, Employees and Capital. Thousands of employers would be ready to hire, thousands of employees would be ready to work. But the only thing that is missing is the Capital!

And why is the Capital missing? Because, from the U.S., somebody sucked out pretty much ALL THE CAPITAL!

One HUGE problem is, OBAMA has no intention to recover any of that CAPITAL! One HUGE problem is, OBAMA is unwilling to recover any of that money!

He's waiting for a domestic miracle, and domestic the miracle is not happening!

One other BIG problem is, Obama can't be voted out in a conventional/democratic election. Because there are many dumb asses who will vote for him regardless of his POOR handling of the economy. And because there is a black community that will back Obama to the hilt -- even if the OBAMA administration becomes a dictatorship!

#12     Nov 20, 2009
  3. pitz

pitz

Capital and confidence. You're right. I am an engineer, and I personally know many engineers who have awesome ideas. But they won't implement them, because under the current system, there is no incentive for them to do so.

Why? Because if they want to start up their business, the only way they can acquire capital is to deal with a bunch of parasitic VC's. When they actually start producing a product, then any income they make from it is taxed at 50% or more (once everything's said and done). And to add insult to injury, some offshore factory in China will steal the idea or process, and start making copycat products.

Or heck, even worse, the government will, seeing that a product is lucrative, get into the business of manufacturing or providing it themselves. For instance, when US dollars were scarce last year, there were plenty of people willing to provide those dollars, but the government stepped in provided the dollars with no regards for the people who saved their own dollars, waiting for cheap markets.

disclosure: less than 1% of my assets are invested in the US, because I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to do business there, with the crazy taxes, the out-of-control lunacy of its finance sector, failing infrastructure, and rapidly disintegrating supply chains.

#13     Nov 20, 2009
  4. I'm an engineer, too. And yes, under the current system, there is no incentive to make and/or manufacture anything. Especially when making/manufacturing is (and has always been) capital intensive!

Yes, there is a risk of offshore factories! More than ever! And, yes, there is the risk that the government can also step in! More than ever!

But, in spite of bad news, and in your own interest, you must maintain a positive attitute. You must believe in opportunities -- and I do! After a few years of investing in Brazil, India, China and elsewhere, currently 100% of my assets are in the U.S., and growing at a very healthy rate! And it's a pleasure to see it grow!

In spite of what you hear, the U.S. is not a wasteland. There are many who want to do business here. For various reasons. Partly because they're stuck here -- they have nowhere else to go! Partly because they are making an effort, have a positive attitude, and choose to go to First Class Avenue!

#14     Nov 20, 2009
  5. the1

the1

You typically capitalize each letter at the beginning of a sentence. It's called using the English language and being able to write.

#15     Nov 20, 2009
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

it is just to save time. i understand that. landis just doesn't understand sentences he just bitches.

#16     Nov 21, 2009
  7. Your understanding of Econ. 101A is so absolutely twisted that it defies all description.

#17     Nov 21, 2009
  8. TheMan

TheMan

i would like to know who the two people are who voted that he is doing a good job

wtf

:confused: :confused: :confused:

#18     Nov 21, 2009
  9. pitz

pitz

Twisted, hardly.

Capital isn't something that's created by bankers writing numbers on pieces of paper, or using printing presses. Its created by actually producing more than one consumes, and then using those savings to build more production.

The USA has been involved in capital stripping for the past few decades, as infrastructure has received hardly any money, factories were allowed to run down into liquidation, and the tech sector/pharma sector stopped doing R&D.

#19     Nov 21, 2009
  10. One of them is undoubtedly Landis, the other is his alias. This is 1 person who just cannot admit he was wrong, that's why he is also a really bad trader.

Obama is losing support from the entire spectrum of American society. He is going DOWN.

#20     Nov 21, 2009