Obama's growth-less recovery

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jul 6, 2011.

1. So says his former employee:

Former Top Obama Adviser Admits We’re Not Experiencing “Job-Less Recovery” We’re Going Through a “Growth-less Recovery”
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 10:00 PM

Verum Serum caught this speech by former Chair of White House Council of Economic Advisers Christina Romer on April 12 of this year. This was after she left the administration. Romer admitted in her speech that they managed to create a “growth-less recovery.”

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jU_9pUljKEk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jU_9pUljKEk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Romer also admits that Barack Obama knew just how bad the economy really was when before he took office because she told him how bad it was.

2. pspr

pspr

I listened to Christina Romer on TV for month on end. She is one dumb bitch. She and Berkeley deserve each other.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Its funny when i watch something like this, she is admitting that the economy is in the shitter and that they failed to produce any jobs, now i wonder if she is smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and realise that it was the actions of her administration that caused it.

These liberal "economists" live in a fairy tale world where regulation and taxes supposedly have no negative effect on job growth.

4. Ricter

Ricter

In this particular crisis they are in fact having no negative effect on job growth.

Anyway, if you have the right skills, I'm hiring in Wyoming and Texas.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Would the ability to trade apply to the job? Cause thats really my only skill.... :D

6. BSAM

BSAM

As the only truly fair and balanced poster on ET, I must confront some fellow members here who constantly bash on Obama.

First, bashing somebody and electing somebody are two way different things. Just because you bash person "A", doesn't mean you will get person "B" inserted into a position. (BTW---with the current chaos of the Republiclown party, who would that person "B" be, anyway??)

But, let's carry on here...

As I've stated before, Obama has the blacks, the gays, the white liberals, the whites who are disenfranchised with the Republiclowns, the women, the youth, the Hispanics, and the Asians.

Now, tell me...Which group is going to give greater numbers to the Republiclowns in 2012? One group is a lock, of course: Old white men. Who else? You all got a calculator on your desk; add it up and get back with me.

Obama, for all your dislike of him, is slick. Underating your opponent results in dire negative consequences.

7. Ricter

Ricter

That ability can't hurt, and I'll admit I'm a bit envious you can do that full-time, but it's not sufficient for my purposes.

8. The more I read the news the more I convinced I'm living in an Orwellian society. "Growthless recovery" Is that not a great example of doublespeak??