Obama's economic plan is an already failed one

Discussion in 'Economics' started by seriousNews, Dec 15, 2008.

1. but you can outsource (production of) robots too, eventually this will inevitably happen if CEO's want to keep pleasing shareholders

#31     Jan 9, 2009
  2. jeeze guys. i own a nice amount of "real" industrial robots. sure they save labor; but no where near what some poster's quote. firstly, if they did as some describe , they would blow away cheap foreign labor. they do not! ever consider the initial cost, ongoing costs(ie:support), and the labor to run them appropriately? duh!!! after almost 8 years; i would say that my labor costs have been reduced by 50% for the departments they they were introduced to. very important point.

sure, they made my life a lot better. i can produce products better, faster and never have to kiss the ass i did in the past for those particular jobs; but they did not print money like described here. to me, the last points are better than actual profits in a lot of ways.

#32     Jan 9, 2009
  3. we know they are not capable of most tasks, but that is exactly what we were talking about; to invest and try and achieve the technology for producing highly advanced robots, to try to reduce the cost of producing them through increased production and by obtaining more knowledge in this field.

It was an idea on where to invest, since obama had plans to invest in various areas, including increasing internet bandwidth nationwide, and bla bla, how could investing in this field hurt? even if we don't succeed at it, we would have at least created jobs for engineers vs a bunch of morons hired to add to more government paper work, i mean that is how they create jobs in third world countries, they add more steps to the bureaucratic system, like requiring another extra signature for getting a permit to offer a specific service, and then they hire one of their own relatives to fill in the position of adding another worthless signature on the permit.

#33     Jan 9, 2009