Obama's Doctor Knocks ObamaCare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 19, 2009.

1. http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/18/ob...macare-business-healthcare-obamas-doctor.html

"David Scheiner, an internist based in the Chicago neighborhood of Hyde Park, has a diverse practice of lower-income adults from the nearby housing projects mixed with famous patients like U.S. Sen. Carol Mosely Braun, the late writer Studs Terkel and, most notably, President Barack Obama.

Scheiner, 71, was Obama's doctor from 1987 until he entered the White House; he vouched for the then-candidate's "excellent health" in a letter last year. He's still an enthusiastic Obama supporter, but he worries about whether the health care legislation currently making its way through Congress will actually do any good, particularly for doctors like himself who practice general medicine. "I'm not sure he really understands what we face in primary care," Scheiner says.

Scheiner takes a few other shots too. Looking at Obama's team of health advisors, Scheiner doesn't see anyone who's actually in the trenches. "I have a suspicion they pick people from the top echelon of medicine, people who write about it but haven't been struggling in it," he says."

The verdict continues to come in and it aint good.

2. he is saying he thinks obama is not going far enough. he wants a single payer system. obama does too but he is realistic enough to know that the republicans will demogog that as socalized medicine and could kill all reforms

3. I certainly hope they kill all the reforms.

4. Of course, its all the republicans fault ,and yet who is the President who has control of both the house and senate??