Obamas comments on Police arrest of his friend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Eight

Eight

American blacks only have one issue.... drumroll....... and it's..... RACE... they're as boring as any other single issue people...

It's idiotic for the POTUS to comment like that on a stupid arrest... amateur hour all the way with BO.. I stlll can't get over that press conference where he had to ask one of his guys what it was he just signed... Bush, Cheney, etc.. they never, ever would live that down, the commie press liberal rag fanatics would hound them into their graves but BO gets a pass. BO could do an axe murder on the White House lawn and the press would give him a pass...

Diane Feinstein gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar repeatedly and nobody ever prosecutes.. we are lucky to get an indictment against Blogoyavich or whatever his name is, and that story is not in the news at all... it's nuts...

#41     Jul 24, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

Cops know the high percentage rate of blacks that are incarcerated or on probabation or parole, they know that 80% of their work is busting blacks.... it's not like blacks can go get a job in the private sector, their owners, the Democrats sue the private sector employers and nobody will hire them due to the risk... The cops see a black guy breaking into a house and they go for the arrest... I know Italians that see a black guy on their street and they don't even ask him what he's doing there, they 100% assume he is there to do a crime, especially if it's before welfare check day...

I would try to help black people but it's a waste, their Democrat owners have them completely cowed, they get a ticket in the Jessee Jackemup lottery and welfare supplemented with criminal business, such a deal...... and the Democrats are constantly fanning the flames of racism like BO did today... the ones that don't have a police record can work for the public sector, ole Jessee Jackemup can't sue that employer... that's what BO is talking about when he talks about spreading the wealth around, around the black community...

#42     Jul 24, 2009
  3. Weren't there a few threads a while back showing amateur videos of arrogant police officers going off aggressively and unnecessarily on people? If memory serves, just about everyone was outraged. And these events occurred on public property.

Now take a small, middle aged man who walks with a cane and who was in his own home. A distinguished scholar, no less. He was not disturbing his neighbors. He was not abusing his wife. He was not harboring fugitives or storing contraband. Once his identity was confirmed, whatever else may have transpired in the man's OWN HOME, the police should have immediately apologized for the misunderstanding, since a mistake had obviously been made, and taken their leave. But no. He was arrested AFTER his identity had been established. I think someone decided to home school the professor.

#43     Jul 24, 2009
  4. Yeah, I'm sure that's it. You know, when you stretch like that, you're liable to pull something. I hope you have adequate health insurance.

#44     Jul 24, 2009
  5. Who in this thread has accused the police in this incident of being racist? Kindly point it out, otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00

#45     Jul 24, 2009
  6. So much outrage from the right on this one...

So much silence when that kid in Pittsburgh, the right winger white supremacist who listened to hate talk radio all day long, an Obama hater, killed a couple of cops in his own home.

Of course this kid was fully loaded to the hilt with illegal firearms, hated cops, was a white supremacist...so of course there was no outrage on that one...only a defense by the local gun nuts of the wacko kid's right to bear arms and defend his own home, even from the big bad police...

http://www.examiner.com/x-2398-Bost...o-followed-Alex-Jones-white-supremacist-sites

#46     Jul 24, 2009
  7. Of course that is not it, it just shows what can happen because it has happened to others. But you have a point, the police do stretch matters if they think you can be lawfully detained.

But, Obama should have kept his nose out of it completely.

#47     Jul 24, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

The ET spelling nazi trips and falls flat on his face?

What's your excuse?

I'm going to use the same one next time I misspell a word.

#48     Jul 24, 2009
  9. This is an absurd discussion, where nobody knows what actually transpired, who offended who, who was acting belligerently, etc, but everyone still seems to have an opinion. It is destined to be an endless back 'n forth about various moral issues that have no right or wrong answer.

The only thing I would like to say is that, in this case, based on what I know, I actually sympathize with Obama. He commented on the issue as an actual person would, rather than as a politician, who would have uttered some generic PC bullsh1t or bounced it to his PR.

Whether what he said is right or wrong, I don't know, but at least it's human.

#49     Jul 24, 2009
  10. That's the thing. There's no moral center. It's all about taking a jab at whatever suits their purpose, even if it requires a complete reversal of a prior position. Most startling is how seamlessly and shamelessly it's done.

#50     Jul 24, 2009