Obamas comments on Police arrest of his friend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Our problem is that we're US citizens and, unlike you, this actually concerns us.

#21     Jul 23, 2009
  2. I used to write out more thoughtful responses in the past but decided it was a waste of time. It just happens that most, but not all, of the people I disagree with here are inveterate assholes. If I were more respectful, then it would be a one-sided relationship where I was doing all the giving. Frankly, I've had my fill with the bad haicuts here. And so I entertain myself by pointing out BS when I see it.
    Obama did not call the police racist. Just, as you pointed out, that they acted stupidly. The two need not be related. I have witnessed police officers acting stupidly with people of their own race. It happens.

As for the rest, I suspect that tempers flared on both sides. And I suspect that the professor wasn't shy. But bear in mind, that once identity had been established, the police could have immediately taken their leave and apologized for the misunderstanding. It would have been the professional and courteous thing to do. Remember, the professor was in his own home. I can understand some outrage at police attitude. This was not on public property and it was not in someone else's home. Isn't it the gun nuts whose mantra it is that a man's home is his castle? I guess all bets are off when you can take a jab at Obama, eh?

#22     Jul 23, 2009
  3. But he commented on those few facts that he knew. (Try actually reading my posts if you're going to bother responding to them.) I listened to the press conference. You probably only saw selected excerpts on Fox.

#23     Jul 23, 2009
  4. Actually, that's not your problem. That's the rest of America's problem.

#24     Jul 23, 2009
  5. Haicuts?!?! i believe it is spelled haircuts..... Just jokes hope you can have some fun, People who point out spelling are my biggest pet peeve. =)

Realistically though, come on now, you can not tell me that if two WHITE officers had arrested a white redneck who was slandering their mothers and not providing I.D., when the officers were responding to a B&E, that there would be an equal uproar. Obama stepped in shit and it is obvious.

#25     Jul 23, 2009
  6. Even then, you were still very very far away....

Your total lack of objectivity in certain issues is very telling.

Thank you for keeping your posts short.

#26     Jul 23, 2009
  7. Please provide the link and/or text where Obama laid out the facts he "knew".

Or is this the "saved jobs" argument?

#27     Jul 23, 2009
  8. TGregg

TGregg

Yet another friend of The One ready able and willing to accuse any white people of racism at the drop of a hat. What a surprise. I am shocked I tell you. He sure is bringing us together in Hopeandchange.

I wonder if The One will come out and say "I stand by my friend" then a week later say "I had no idea he was such a racist bastard, I never heard him say any of those things" like he did with Wright.

#28     Jul 23, 2009
  9. Any time a cop stops you it's upsetting, but you should be able to balance that against the fact that they're human and make mistakes.
    Especially when I was younger, I got stopped by cops a few times. One was arrogant, but had to let me go when it was obvious I wasn't up to anything. The others were more professional, one going so far as to apologize almost instantly when he realized he'd made a mistake.
    Most people have to call on them for help at some time, and of course then you're grateful to see them. Only once in my case has it been for reporting a crime; the rest of the time it was for asking them to help with minor things, some of which I'm sure made for good stories when they got back to the station house.
    Point being, if you have had a normal life, sometimes you're on the bad side of a cop, sometimes on the good side. Gates should have taken a deep breath and realized this.
    Obama, meantime, was standing by a friend, nothing more. To have done less would have been wrong. He was as diplomatic about it as he could be, as always. As always, someone can find fault.

#29     Jul 23, 2009

10. For all we know there was a warrant out for the arrest of a person with the same name as this dude in another state. Police
    have to do their job regardless and Obama the stupid needs to but his scrawny ass out.

#30     Jul 23, 2009