Obamas comments on Police arrest of his friend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Jul 23, 2009.

1. If the police acted stupidly, I wonder how Obama would characterize the actions of his friend Professor Gates?

I'm sure the police would have rather been doing a lot of things other than rushing to his house expecting to maybe shoot it out with armed thugs. Then they get a ration of crap from the guy whose house they were trying to protect. But they were stupid and this Harvard professor is a victim of racism?

Someone remind me again of why the media kept harping about obama being "post racial", because everything this guy seems to see everything in racial terms.

#11     Jul 23, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

The sad part about it all is that the left and the MSMs blind support for The One will lead to an Epic Failure. Then other idiots are going to say "See what happens when we elect a n@&^&r?!"

It's a lot like the Duke Lacrosse scandal. Some black POS stripper accuses a bunch of privileged white guys of raping her, and the black civil rights leaders fly in and take her side. Sharpton even promised to pay her way through college even if she were lying. Turns out she was, and she (with the help of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and a host of others) caused a great deal of harm to black civil rights in this country. Thanks to these clowns, the if some poor black girl really is raped by some rich white kids, everybody will think "Yeah, right. Just another gutter rat trying to get some attention with a bunch of lies." That poor girl would face a much higher bar, and she can thank the black leaders who claim to be helping her.

Many people hold blacks to a lower standard. This does not help them or anybody else, other than the dorks who want to keep blacks down.

#12     Jul 23, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

And The One might have stepped in it this time.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The white police sergeant accused of racial profiling after he arrested renowned black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his home was hand-picked by a black police commissioner to teach recruits about avoiding racial profiling.

Friends and fellow officers — black and white — say Sgt. James Crowley is a principled cop and family man who is being unfairly described as racist.

"If people are looking for a guy who's abusive or arrogant, they got the wrong guy," said Andy Meyer, of Natick, who has vacationed with Crowley, coached youth sports with him and is his teammate on a men's softball team. "This is not a racist, rogue cop. This is a fine, upstanding man. And if every cop in the world were like him, it would be a better place."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_harvard_scholar_arresting_officer

#13     Jul 23, 2009
  4. Why, Obama??

Why do you hate america?:mad:

#14     Jul 23, 2009
  5. The DA dropped the charges less then 24 hours after he was arrested.Da's don't normally drop charges less then 24 hours after an arrest if they think a suspect was rightfully arrested

I don't think the cop was in any way racist,Gates was not beaten or assaulted by the cops,it was clash of egos in a situation that should have been prevented.The cop was leaving after seeing Gates id and gates followed the officer asking for the cops name and id and was probably mouthing off to the cop.It is gates right to get the name of the officer but one of them should have just let it go

That said I voted for Obama and will never regret for voting for Obama over McCain and Palin,But Obama should have stayed out of this

#15     Jul 23, 2009
  6. The true colors of this marxist will emerge as time goes on as this incident shows.

#16     Jul 23, 2009
  7. What is the matter with you people? He was asked to comment. He said that, from the facts that have thus far been established, he thought the police acted stupidly. He didn't say the police were stupid. He said they acted stupidly. He wasn't labelling them, only specific actions on their part. Remember, Obama knows this man and was asked to comment. He chose not to mumble his way through with a non-response, as less forthcoming people may be apt to do, and he qualified his comment by limiting it to the facts not in dispute.

Now what would have happened if one of the rednecks here had been arrested in his own home after providing the police with ID proving he was in his own home? He would have a shit fit and blame the Obama administration on the heavy handed policing and the "loss of freedoms." Hell, ET Rednecker would cite it as a reason to double up on his automatic weaponry at home. The hypocrisy is thick.

#17     Jul 23, 2009
  8. While i appreciate an actual thought out response from you as opposed to your typical banter, you are clearly wrong.

Obama said the police acted stupidly. Fact is that James Crowley is FAR FROM BEING RACIST, and all he was doing was trying to fix a situation called into his station by a fellow neighbour, all he was doing was his job. And he actually is a higher up in teaching people the wrongs of racial profiling, bottom line is that this was definately a COLOSSAL FUCK UP on obama's part, i would imagine James Crowley's ass is still sore from being bent over by the very party he trusted.

A Neighbour called it in as someone breaking into the residence, based on the fact that Henry Louis Gates Jr. was jimmying his way into his own house. This apeared to be breaking and entering IN THE NEGHBOURS EYES NOT James Crowley's. When James asked for I.D. simply to prove that Henry Louis Gates Jr. lived there, Henry started throwing a temper tantrum, he could have simply provided I.D. and it would have ended there. If it was in fact a redneck it would not have even gotten news coverage, as it would have been considered an easy case for disorderly conduct you know it as well as everyone else. Thus Obama would not have even had to weigh in, as it would have been a non sequitur.

#18     Jul 23, 2009
  9. Whatever happened to respect of a police officer? Who is responding to a call. ...these guys have to walk into shitty situations every day.

If the officer says I need to take my time to identify you and this situation, sit over there, then let him take his time and sit over 'there'. Isn't that how you would respond if this happened at your front door? :confused:

I have listened to the entire police report read out loud before I said that..unlike the Prez.

#19     Jul 23, 2009
  10. Wow. Are you ever clueless!

Obama said "I don't know all the facts".

It appears you don't know the facts either. But damn, it sure makes is easier to argue when you can just make crap up to prove a point - typical liberal dribble.

#20     Jul 23, 2009