Obama's Chickens Coming Home To Roost

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 31, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Walmart CEO sees price increases coming at a rapid pace. Higher retail prices, higher gas prices, higher interest rates (pulling back of QE2) will lead to a slower economy and a lot of angry voters. Not to mention what is going to happen with the Obama escalation in Libya.

Inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2011-03-30-wal-mart-ceo-expects-inflation_N.htm

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

not obama's fault, unless you're saying you fault him with reappointing bernanke (like i do).

it's the fed's fault.

3. pspr

pspr

I agree that the retail inflation coming down the pipe is Bernanke's baby. But the results of the QE's and the other problems I mention are going to be Obama's problem when they hit.

The problem with not reappointing Bernanke is that Larry Summers would have likely been Obama's choice and I really don't feel good about Summers being the Fed Chair.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

"change you can believe in".

[​IMG]