Obama's 95% Illusion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rubibond007, Oct 15, 2008.

1. People talk about a lot of nonsense.

#41     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Oh he's immune right? Get off your pompous ass kissing cloud.

Obama's first and biggest contributer is sitting in Federal prison on a bribery conviction, a guy who he helped pocket 850k on a grant and a guy who he entered a questionable personal land deal with. Just because a Harvard lawyer is smart enough to learn the Chicago Way-a wink and a nod isn't the smoking quid pro quo that can be played on a tape in front of a jury-don't think Obama is some sort of saint.

This is a man who used a cheap petition challenge against a popular incumbent to win his first election, a guy whose campaign is run by Daley SvengaliDavid Axelrod a guy who earmarked money to his wife's employer after they tripled her salary just days after he was sworn into the Senate.

Just because something isn't the legal definition of bribery-although it's VERY nuanced-doesn't make it ethical, no matter what kool-aid drinkers want to believe.

#42     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Speculation is fun, so is pretend.

The only evidence I've seen of any electoral malfeasance has been the Republicans' vote-caging emails that were obtained.

Oh save me. Pabst, you have to stop making things up. Paying too much for land is not questionable. Obama "pocketed" no money from a grant, certainly not 850,000 or his net worth would be higher.

So it's either one or the other to you?

Ha ha... obeying the rules isn't "cheap."

Really how many days? You said "just days" and I want to hear how many of these "just days."

Pabst, you're making stuff up again. Nothing you've described is anywhere near bribery.

If you muddled your thinking this way with trading, you wouldn't be successful.

#43     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Obama's whole tax scheme is more of a bribe than wealth redistribution: 95% of people get a check of a few hundred $$ once in the mail in exchange for helping him raise tax rates permanently to the 5% who were the ones paying most of the tax bill every year in the first place. Not to mention raising taxes on corporations who then pass the bill onto those who buy their products, thereby negating his "no tax increase for the middle class" empty promise.

Of course, the tragic irony is that as he takes money out of the private sector through higher taxes, the resulting weaker economy will hurt the people at the bottom a lot worse than those on the top. Then he will have more "bitter" people in his hands, who will need more help from politicians like him in the future... and again and again, the liberal pyramid scheme of deliberate, systematic victimization of the masses, a snare and a delusion to force them to need even more help from the Nanny State.

Only private enterprise works well in the long run, folks, let's face it. But we know that already. Oh well :(

#44     Oct 16, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why is it that no one can just be fucking honest for a minute? Your not being honest, Pabst is not being honest, this is why everyone is so sick and tired of poltics in this country. What happened to being an AMERICAN? Forget a D or an R, how about you think of what's best for your country first, then your party? Novel concept huh?

Anyone who thinks Obama pocketed the $850k has shit for brains, but anyone who would read what Pabst wrote and try to claim that he is saying Obama got the $850k also has shit for brains or thinks the people reading the thread do..so which is it? Let me break this down for you...Obama did not get the money himself, he got money to run a campaign, he got access to other people with money so that he could get VOTES.

#45     Oct 16, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

One only need to look at a city like Toledo, Ohio or Detroit, Michigan or New Orleans, La to see what happens to cities when the Nannie's continue to be given the opportunity to run things without any opposition. Spend some time in Detroit, Toledo or Nola and say hello to America.

#46     Oct 16, 2008
  7. To Dave: READ MY POST!!

Rezko contributed 158k to Obama and Obama signed off on a grant that put 850k in Rezko's pocket. Is that too tough for you guy's to understand. Sheesh...:)

#47     Oct 16, 2008
  8. Times 10 to the 23'rd power! :eek:

Obama's tax plan has one PRIMARY mission.......continue to destabilize and rid "small business", so they maintain the trend of more and more moving to the corporate world globalist economic control scam. Small business is/was the backbone of American economic wealth, and the attack on that prime foundation is underway full tilt.......this continues to be the destructive globalist agenda! :mad:

#48     Oct 16, 2008
  9. heypa

heypa

Hey Pisser

Your guy got elected! Find a way to join the inside group else you're screwed like the rest of us.

I'm not going to celebrate my birthday next year. It shall become a day of mourning for me. January 20 2009 shall live in infamy as the day the American people got their dues.

Long live the king!
    Let emotions rule.
    After all thats how he got elected.
    Aside from those that will directly benefit what logic can possibly explain the voting number results?

#49     Nov 7, 2008