Obamas 250K tax line? protests make no sense?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 8, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

As I've said before, you appear not to have an original thought in your pointy little head. You are a mirror for the language of others, a chameleon.

#41     Sep 8, 2010
  2. #42     Sep 8, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

By that stupid logic, the Iraq war was spearheaded by Bush sr as well. Did you read Clinton's comments on the signing of NAFTA? He thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The guy stood behind it and signed it into law. I know that must drive you liberals apeshit.

#43     Sep 8, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Does it matter more who "created it" or who signed it into law?

Hint: It's a rhetorical question.

#44     Sep 8, 2010
  5. Ya right, calling someone dishonest for making a valid point is very original, making up stuff especially when it comes to facts is the new benchmark for debates.

#45     Sep 8, 2010
  6. No, I was just trying to be precise. I think NAFTA was a good move in principle, so I am not against it. But it was Bush Sr. and then Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney along with Mexican President Carlos Salinas who got the ball rolling. Let's just recognize it for what it is and who the players were.

As for your inappropriate reference to the Iraq war, Bush Jr. had no reason to go into Iraq aside from his own agenda. What his father was engaged in, insofar as Iraq was concerned, was not an issue when W decided to invade. Stupid logic indeed.

#46     Sep 8, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are entitled to believe whatever you want. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Back to my main point though, the 90's strong economy was a sham.

#47     Sep 8, 2010
  8. How does it compare to what Bush left in his wake?

#48     Sep 8, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Thunderdog, you have a really bad habit of making everything into a my guy is better then your guy argument. Bush and Clinton are cut from the same cloth. I never made the argument that Bush was good for the economy.

The monetary policies in this country have been pretty consistent since WWII. The fiscal policies have had minor deviations here and there but they are dwarfed by our monetary policies. Stop defending the left at every turn. Take a stand on an issue based on your own thoughts and stop asking yourself, what would Obama say on this? Or what are the left wing talking points on this?

#49     Sep 8, 2010
  10. My apologies. I was not clear on that. I think it's important that we establish our reference points.

I think that what Obama has done, and what he wishes to do, is the right thing for your country. I don't have a say in the matter, of course. It is only my opinion as an observer. My understanding is that your economy was at risk of a major disaster unlike anything seen in generations, as determined by better minds than mine on both sides of the aisle. I am inclined to take such warnings seriously. Therefore, I think Obama can only be presently judged against the background of the quagmire he was handed. It is part and parcel. Only once this unprecedented matter is reasonably well in hand can we legitimately evaluate Obama without reference to the catastrophe that was still in the making while he was taking reign at the helm.

This has been a talking-point-free post.

#50     Sep 8, 2010