Obamas 250K tax line? protests make no sense?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.historycentral.com/Documents/Clinton/SigningNaFTA.html

Clinton singed it into law in 1993. A decision he now regrets.

#31     Sep 8, 2010
  2. maverick. surely you are not so dense as to not know the answer to that question?

cheap labor has been replaced by huge machinery on the farms around here. a farmer today can handle 10 times the number of acres with no extra labor. that is how technology eliminates the need for labor. tax cuts will not change that. in fact tax cuts like accelerated depreciation make it worse. those cuts go toward productivity enhancements that = less labor.

#32     Sep 8, 2010
  3. #33     Sep 8, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

All I'm trying to get you to understand is that ALL costs affect small businesses. Large businesses as well for that matter. That means labor costs, taxes and yes I understand very well the effect machinery and technology has had on labor.

#34     Sep 8, 2010
  5. The effect of raising taxes will be minimal on reducing the deficit. The 2010 CBO tax report showed that in the 10 years since tax rates were lowered, the tax rate reductions accounted for only 14% of the deficit during that period; and the tax increases starting in 2011 would reduce future years' deficits by only about 12% in the next ten years.

#35     Sep 8, 2010
  6. My neighbor owns a successful small business with about 60 employees. In the soft economy business has slowed down and he's done his best not to lay off any employees. When the tax increases hit in 2011, he's going to have to lay off two employees so he'll have enough after-tax dollars to make principal payments on his bank loans and pay cash dividends to his preferred shareholders. Most people don't realize that it's after-tax profits that keep small businesses alive. He's already cut his own salary twice, and he says he's not doing it again. I don't blame him. The guy's worked 80 hours a week for over 20 years to build his business.

#36     Sep 8, 2010
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Nonsense. He travelled the country selling it.

You are incapable of honesty.

You must first become honest with yourself before you will be able to be honest with others.

#37     Sep 8, 2010
  8. What if they raised the line to 100 million?

Keep the bush tax intact up to 100 million dollars.

And add a Sports tax, Which only affects people like Tiger woods etc.. a special 4% extra tax. Yeah it might impact coke sales and the high end prostitution business but very little.

#38     Sep 8, 2010
  9. He didn't CREATE it, that was my point and it was proven correct -NAFTA was created before Clinton came into Office.

You are incapable of honesty.

You must first become honest with yourself before you will be able to be honest with others.

#39     Sep 8, 2010
  10. #40     Sep 8, 2010