Obamacare Upheld !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I guess they will have to take the slur IQ47 away, huh?

#21     Jun 28, 2012
  2. AK. . . . could you lift the ban on Luke ? NO doubt he is lurking here weeping, but its much more fun if we get to witness it.:).

#22     Jun 28, 2012
  3. If you and RCG approve I'm cool with it

#23     Jun 28, 2012

4. Doubt it.Children will act like children,thats what they do :D

#24     Jun 28, 2012
  5. Hellllll naw!

What we need is to be tough, tough I tell ya!

Would Sheriff Joe lift the ban??

Well?????:D

#25     Jun 28, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Would Luke have let AK out of the bet?

#26     Jun 28, 2012
  7. Ban stays intact .

In Nov we get rid of Max for 2 months !!!!!!!!:D :D :D

#27     Jun 28, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

#28     Jun 28, 2012
  9. Roberts turned out to be too clever.

On the surface he upholds the law and attempts to avoid the image of political partisanship (How could anyone deny that post Citizens United is beyond me) In reality, he guts medicaid expansion by making it voluntary(most states will tell federal government to fuck off) and noted there is no mechanism for punishing people for not paying the fee for not having health insurance. Roberts is acutely aware with republicans in charge of the house and maybe senate/presidency too the mandate wont have any teeth. It also frees up Romney to trash the law by pointing out its defects vs the system he had at the state level instead of a convoluted argument about constitutionality. Roberts also noted it would have fallen under commerce clause.

I expected 5-4 straight nuking of the case with Kennedy or Scalia writing for the majority but this is just too devious.

#29     Jun 28, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

The admins were involved in this bet??

#30     Jun 28, 2012