Obamacare Upheld !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

No, they won't have to file for medical bankruptcy because they won't receive timely or effective medical care and will die before reaching insolvency like in the UK.

#171     Jun 29, 2012
  2. Not sure of your point, with respect would you please explain? I think I agree with what I think you're saying. Not sure. If you you're saying that these low level clerks think they are traders who are in the 1% to delude themselves, then I totally agree. And, it's humorous that they can be brainwashed so easily.

#172     Jun 30, 2012
  3. Midwesterners have a lot of contradictions. One of the biggest is hating welfare while taking farm subsidies.

#173     Jul 1, 2012
  4. Are you trying to make an argument that because most employee hc ins is not taxed, that individual plan holders who are taxed, are somehow subsidizing them?

IF that is what you are alluding to, then the reason no one has brought it up is because it is false.. and stupid. Just because they (corporate employees) aren't paying tax on their ins, doesn't mean that self employed plan holders are paying the difference, they are paying their own taxes. Blame the tax code and the govt for interfering. After all, the reason they get this tax break was likely a govt incentive to get employers to cover their employees.. an attempt to shift the burden (cost) of personal responsibility onto the 'evil' corporations.

btw it isn't JUST the tax increases that have people outraged, premiums are likely going up because of obamacare. And most importantly, Americans can now be penalized/taxed for not making purchases required by the fed govt.

If Congress just passed a law stating health insurance providers couldn't exclude people with preexisting conditions, we would all be better off. How is that for compromise? I personally wouldn't like it but it's way better than obmacare, even though we would still be paying more in premiums.

#174     Jul 2, 2012
  5. Mnphats

Mnphats

You do remember the house and senate was controlled by the dems? It should have been perfect for the dems they didn't need (nor got) any republican votes.. But the backdoor deals solidified the dems "yes" votes.

#175     Jul 2, 2012
  6. obama miscalculated. he wasted a year thinking that republicans were serious about doing something. then kennedy died and scott brown was elected in mass and the dems 60 votes were gone. then they had to cobble something together that would pass and it turned into a mess.
    the republican stalling tactics made it worse.

#176     Jul 2, 2012