Obamacare Ruled Unconstitutional By Virgina Federal Judge!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Arnie

Arnie

The GOP ousted Democratic freshmen and influential veterans, including some considered safe just weeks ago. Republicans piled up their biggest House gains since they added 80 seats in 1938: By early Wednesday, they had netted 60 formerly Democratic seats and led in four more. The GOP victory eclipsed the 54-seat pickup by the so-called "revolution" that retook the House in 1994 for the first time in 40 years and the 56-seat Republican gain in 1946.

#21     Dec 13, 2010
  2. Was there are a question there?

#22     Dec 13, 2010
  3. #23     Dec 13, 2010
  4. Henry Hudson, Judge In Health Care Lawsuit, Has Financial Ties To Attorney General Bringing The Case

The federal judge set to issue one of the first decisions on the Obama administration's health care law has financial ties to both the attorney general who is challenging the law and to a powerhouse conservative law firm whose clients include prominent Republican officials and critics of reform.

This week, District Court Judge Henry E. Hudson is likely to render a procedural verdict on the Virginia Attorney General's lawsuit which contends that the federal health care overhaul is unconstitutional. The Bush appointee has been hearing oral arguments in his Richmond courtroom dating back to March. His verdict could serve as an important template for more than a dozen other states following Virginia's lead.

But with power comes scrutiny. And as judgment day approaches, a Democratic source sends over judicial disclosure forms Hudson filed that could raise questions about his impartiality. From 2003 through 2008, Hudson has been receiving "dividends" from Campaign Solutions Inc., among other investments. In 2008, he reported income of between $5,000 and $15,000 from the firm. (Data from 2009 was not available at the Judicial Watch database.)

A powerhouse Republican online communications firm, Campaign Solutions, has done work for a host of prominent Republican clients and health care reform critics, including the RNC and NRCC (both of which have called, to varying degrees, for health care reform's repeal). The president of the firm, Becki Donatelli, is the wife of longtime GOP hand Frank Donatelli, and is an adviser toformer Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, among others.

Another firm client is Ken Cuccinelli, the Attorney General of Virginia and the man who is bringing the lawsuit in front of Hudson's court. In 2010, records show, Cuccinelli spent nearly $9,000 for Campaign Solutions services.

Campaign Solutions did not immediately return a request for information on the judge's relationship with the company.

The nexus between the chief lawyer and the judge spurs questions about judicial objectivity. At the very least, it shows how tightly connected the legal and political worlds can be and how difficult it is to remove the partisan threads from the heath care related lawsuits.

#24     Dec 13, 2010
  5. I thought the GOP was staunchly opposed to judicial activism. That whole, legislating from the bench thingy. Guess it's OK in this case, eh?

#25     Dec 14, 2010
  6. Indeed. And if that's not enough hypocrisy for you, try this little number:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=212026

#26     Dec 14, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like someone has issures with being proven wrong.

In any case; I'm sure you'll be happy to know I have all my teeth. Admittedly being married to a dental hygienist doesn't hurt.

(Won't I need to ascend before I descend?)

#27     Dec 15, 2010
  8. ROTFLMAO Dental hygienist?!?!?! What did you accost her during gerenal?

Shurley that was a joke. Dude I wouldn't admit that to a priest.

#28     Dec 15, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe after you pick yourself up out of the floor and crawl back into your chair you can explain why it's so funny. So I can laugh too.

#29     Dec 15, 2010
  10. Dental hygienist that's not funny enough to you?

EDIT: it unfair to make fun of a choose profession. but it still cracks me up....sorry.

#30     Dec 15, 2010