ObamaCare policies will cost more

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nutmeg, Feb 11, 2013.

1. piezoe

piezoe

There is a problem with this post. It isn't factual. Numerous polls show that Congress often does not reflect the majority will of the people.

#31     Feb 27, 2013
  2. piezoe

piezoe

This is not correct either. Numerous examples show this statement to be false.

#32     Feb 27, 2013
  3. [​IMG]

#33     Feb 27, 2013
  4. and that is why I would rather have the system designed by doctors, since they are the ones providing the service, rather than the government or for profit insurance companies

and that is what got me thinking about how precarious the whole thing is

it relies on people wanting to be in the medical profession

#34     Feb 27, 2013
  5. zdreg

zdreg

obviously if one uses the every they will be proven to be wrong.

#35     Feb 27, 2013
  6. at anyrate, I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I agree, there is no reason we can't give people food and healthcare (if not shelter) and then continue the sport of arguing and fighting over every last penny.

But if I was dictator, I'm not sure how I would set up a heath care system. Many have tried and failed.

If the gov just pays every bill, the bills get larger and larger because, Hey? Who cares, it's the government. Then next thing you know the gov has to implement price controls.

I always liked the idea of MSA's but for some reason the democrats fought against that really hard.

But for starters, I would just provide medicare for all, cradle to grave, and pay for it with a medicare tax to keep it solvent. I suppose at some point the tax would get so high that nobody would have any money left to buy other things and the economy would go in a downward spiral. These safety nets the way they are set up now are very rarely sustainable.

It seems to make sense to at least take the insurers out of the equation and eliminate the profit they make which adds to health care costs.

Anybody got an idea?

edit:when you think about it, food stamps have worked pretty well, and a medical savings account would operate just like food stamps

#36     Feb 27, 2013
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Just copy any of the other countries who have already figured out how to make health care both accessible and deliver better results than the U.S. can. I don't care how it is done. But it is obvious that whatever the U.S. is doing in that regard is wrong.

#37     Feb 27, 2013
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, of course.

#38     Feb 27, 2013
  9. why, that's nothing short of brilliant. Just do what everybody else is doing. If it works for Sweden, then certainly it will work in the USA. We could start a pilot program in Minnesota (since most of them are Swedes) and then just replicate it in Mississippi. Especially mandantory sauna baths, and jumping into the snow naked.

#39     Feb 27, 2013
  10. piezoe

piezoe

We either correct the present situation or we move further down the path toward becoming a second rate nation.

#40     Feb 27, 2013