Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

and they are paying, Ricter do you really think this is a valid comparison? and if it is do you realize that some people lose their license when they are uninsurable? I look forward to your explaination of how we are going to kick the uninsurable out of the health care pool.

#11     Jul 11, 2012
  2. Mav88

Mav88

Why do some people continue to believe the fantasy that CBO is some sort gold standard. CBO is atrocious

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrod...timates-really-the-gold-standard-of-accuracy/

we know one thing about ALL big government health programs: they almost always cost more than they advertise.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/tbb/tbb-58.pdf

If you don't think this is yet another train wreck, then you are willfully stupid, or you simply have faith in liberal religion- same thing

#12     Jul 11, 2012
  3. Man! what a STUPID question.

1)Since the auto-insurance industry actually bills the insured person in question (not covered by govt dictate) they (the insurance companies ) seem to do just fine with handling more customers.

2a) Refer back to #1 , insurance companies bill the actual person in question and yes young drivers have notoriously higher rates.

Of course if ins companies could not charge higher rates for these people individually:
    1) Then general rates would be going up.
    or
    2) coverage/ payout rates drop
    or
    3) The insurance company closes it's doors and sticks the taxpayer with the inherent losses.

Now which part do you not understand?

#13     Jul 11, 2012
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

So we are looking at the exact same table in the exact same document.

The column on the far right (11 Year Total - 2012-2022) is the total net cost. Please look at the figure at the bottom? What does it say - $1,252B - Exactly the number I said.

#14     Jul 11, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

First, no one is uninsurable. Second, make it a valid comparison; get our youth back to work with jobs so that they can pay their premium. Last time I looked, my Canadian health care was $40 a month. Seriously.

#15     Jul 11, 2012
  6. SERIOUSLY? And who do you think pays the rest of the expense :the fricken tooth fairy?

#16     Jul 11, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Really? http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/what-means-labeled-“uninsurable”

#17     Jul 12, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Can you read? The majority of Obamacare provisions don't start until 2016. Look at the annual cost from 2016 onwards. Comparing the cost from 2012 is a marketing pitch. Outlays don't even start until 2014, numbnuts!

#18     Jul 12, 2012
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I can read, but apparently you can not. The Republican chart that started this thread shows the costs from 2013-2023 as being $2.3T. The CBO summary shows the 2012-2023 (one year earlier included) as being 1.252 T. The comparison of any of the other time frames from your Republican chart to the official CBO data shows the Republican chart is 2x the CBO values. You can compare 2014 to 2023 or any other time range by adding up the values. Same result - the Republican chart is way off the official estimates.

If you are opposed to Obamacare - fighting it by putting out fabricated data - that can easily be revealed as not correct, is not the way to get it repealed. Very bad, and idiotic move by Republicans on Capital Hill.

#19     Jul 12, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Achilles, I don't think you quite understand.
    It's all about politics and power and winners and losers, politically.
    It's got nothing to do with what's good for the USA.
    You just got to start thinking like a Democrat.:p

#20     Jul 12, 2012