ObamaCare is Bad, Bad, Bad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Nope. US Congress resembles the Roman Senate. I don't think China fits that category yet.

#51     Aug 3, 2010
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

Gabfly,You are just apprehensive about all the potentially violent lunatics below your Southern border.:D

#52     Aug 3, 2010
  3. Oddly enough, when people joke about killing their democratically elected president it offends my delicate sensibilities.

#53     Aug 3, 2010
  4. Banjo

Banjo

#54     Aug 3, 2010
  5. olias

olias

+1

#55     Aug 3, 2010
  6. So Wallace discusses the concerns of Joseph Altos, a henchman at the conservative "think" tank, American Enterprise Institute? How objective. Perhaps not so surprisingly, Altos's was the only hair on fire among the people that Wallace referenced. Maybe Altos and Hassett should get together and write a book.

#56     Aug 3, 2010
  7. Republicans had 8 years to do something about rising costs and rising uninsured and they did nothing

I'm still kind of confused that Obama stole Mitt Romney's health care plan yet Romney is a top Republican and likely to be Obamas opponent in 2012.

If Obama cant use a health care plan made by one of the top republican party leaders to satisfy republicans nothing he does will

#57     Aug 3, 2010
  8. And that remains their plan to this day.

#58     Aug 3, 2010
  9. pspr

pspr

Actually Bush had two or maybe four years. The Dems controlled Congress after that. But, I agree that he did little. He and Greenspan did emplor congress to pass something to reign in Fannie and Freddy and the Dems kept saying everything was fine.

Then, after he tried to augment Social Security with savings/investment plans and the Dems shot that to pieces he gave up trying to get any meaningful legislation started to save underwater programs and concentrated on Iraq which, thankfully, the surge worked enough for us to get it turned around.

God help Gen. Petraus with Afganistan.

Romney's biggest problem is the Mass. health care plan he signed. He won't get my primary vote just because of that.

Obama and the leading Dems are hell bent on passing their social programs, limit oil drilling in the U.S., grab power over the people and other misguided elements of his ajenda. The working public is going to pay, pay and pay some more. And, lose some more freedoms.

Obama's energy plan is a huge mistake. Oil can't be replaced by green tech right now. I know he would like Americans to pay through the teeth for oil so solar, wind, etc. would be competetive but we'll never get out of this recession if he gets his way. The only way is massive R&D in green tech while we drill like crazy for our own oil. Then it could happen. He won't even try to work on making coal clean or switching some industries to nat gas. That could save America. His way is a disaster.

There are better ways to provide basic health care to the poor than this massive take over. They were already getting free emergency room care. Controlling costs are going to be a problem regardless because health technology is increasing exponentially and I don't know how gov. can control that. Most working people are (were) happy with the health care plans they have now. Looks like that is going away. Another lie about how Obama Care will work.

I won't even go into his immigration madness. And, yes, I would like to give Bush a swift kick in the butt for doing next to nothing on that issue, too.

#59     Aug 3, 2010
  10. Many of us would. But at some point, the Left has to stop saying, "But Bush did/didn't....". That's ancient history. Two wrongs don't make a right, even if Bush did one of them". It's on Obama now... has been.

Any argument from the Left which begins with "But Bush..." or "But The Republicans..." is lame and weak from the get go. Man UP Dems... take responsibility for your shit!!

#60     Aug 3, 2010