ObamaCare Insurance Mandate Declared Un-Constitutional

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Dec 13, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

In using the word "reasonable", I am relating a new bill to ObamaCare. Practically anything is "reasonable" compared to that piece of tripe.

#11     Dec 13, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

3. zdreg

zdreg

maybe. there is an old german saying:never wish for a new king. he may be worse than the old one.
    I am sure u understand.

#13     Dec 13, 2010
  4. #14     Dec 13, 2010
  5. In other words, this judge wasn't a Clinton appointee. Let the media lynching begin.

#15     Dec 13, 2010
  6. MGB

MGB

#16     Dec 13, 2010
  7. MGB

MGB

Personally, from my study of the Constitution:

1) Federally mandated Medicare is unconstitutional
    2) Federally mandated Social Security is unconstitutional
    3) Federally mandated Healthcare is unconstitutional
    4) Federally mandated Auto Insurance is unconstitutional
    5) Federally mandated Marriage/Civil Unions is unconstitutional

In our Constitution, the 10th amendment says that all powers that are not specified in the Constitution are reserved for the States. In other words, when the Constitutional doesn't allow the Federal Gov't to do something, the States are allowed to do it.

Thus, a State can, if allowed by their respective Constitutions, pass legislation mandating Healthcare, etc.

#17     Dec 13, 2010
  8. Like Medicare/Medicaid. Which would be the sane approach and where this is heading eventually, once the healthcare execs get their last few feasts at the trough.

The current system is horribly broken, and the obama proposal is absurd - government resources used to force the population to fund a private, for-profit insurance scheme. A private insurance model doesn't fit when nearly all policyholders are claimants, and where the service cannot be refused. It simply can't work. Once enough bonuses have been paid and enough options have vested, they'll have to yield to this reality.

#18     Dec 13, 2010
  9. #19     Dec 13, 2010

10. As Massachusetts did...

#20     Dec 13, 2010