Obamacare. Individual mandate constitutional????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jun 28, 2012.

1. So what's going on here, individual mandate ruled as a TAX?

2. pspr

pspr

Looks like it. All the more reason to remove Obama and the Democrats from power in November.

The old adage still applies: If you want anything done right you have to do it yourself.

3. Hey, I was right! Congrats pspr!

4. pspr

pspr

Pat pat pat. Unfortunately it wasn't your brilliant thinking that made you right, it was you stubborn ideology. :p

5. What this really says is that the government can force anyone to purchase whatever it is they, the government, want to sell. It is a bastardization of the Commerce Clause. Not the first time it has been used to oppress the individual.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Did you hear that noise? It was the sound of small businesses everywhere closing their doors...

7. I wasn't talking about the mandate, I predicted in another thread that you would the first rightie to show your face. U are an idiot pspr, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you. I respect you the way I respect a crusader, or Don Quixote. There is just no quit in you, bruh :D

8. pspr

pspr

LOL You really don't have a clue, do you?

9. This is so much larger than this heath insurance mandate. It is the further erosion of our individual freedom. What else can the government force us to buy? A lazy court has just set another prescedent which will allow are already corrput congress to over step their power. Shred the constitution as it's no longer relevant.

10. The ramifications are enormous as SCOTUS has clearly signalled which side they are on and the direction the country is headed for. As this is only a preliminary step to single payer universal healthcare, We can expect to see european style taxation rates for the masses in the very near future.

#10     Jun 28, 2012