ObamaCare Business Mandate Delayed Until 2015

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 2, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Unraveling ObamaCare a little at a time.
    ----

The Obama administration will not penalize businesses that do not provide health insurance in 2014, the Treasury Department announced Tuesday.

Instead, it will delay enforcement of a major Affordable Care Act requirement that all employers with more than 50 employees provide coverage to their workers until 2015.

The administration said it would postpone the provision after hearing significant concerns from employers about the challenges of implementing it.

“We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively,” Mark Mazur, Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, wrote in a late Tuesday blog post. “We recognize that the vast majority of businesses that will need to do this reporting already provide health insurance to their workers, and we want to make sure it is easy for others to do so.”

The Affordable Care Act requires all employers with more than 50 full-time workers provide health insurance or pay steep fines. That policy had raised concerns about companies downsizing their workforce or cutting workers’ hours in order to dodge the new mandate.

In delaying the enforcement of that rule, the White House sidesteps those challenges for one year. It is also the second significant interruption for the Affordable Care Act, following a one-year delay on key functions of the small business insurance marketplaces.

Together, the moves could draw criticism that the administration will not be able to put into effect its signature legislative accomplishment on schedule.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...loyer-mandate-requirement-until-2015/?print=1

2. wjk

wjk

And I thought this was a great law! Nancy said it was her gift to the American People. So what the fuck is the left afraid of? I say run on it lefties. Praise it in your speeches, and remind us how great it is. Should give you a landslide, right?

The left is governing against the will of the country, and they fucking know it. And the republicans are mostly going along (they make Charlie Brown trying to kick the football look like a fucking genius.) [​IMG]

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Her untimely death would be a gift to the American people.

4. JamesL

JamesL

Yes, let's wait until AFTER the 2014 mid-terms.

5. And getting closer to a pubic option then single payer a little at atime :D

The dems plan all along is to fix Obamacare by offering a public heath insurance/medicaid option which will run health insurers out of business .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CWILhrSzw5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

The same insurers/lobbyists that told the dems not to implement single payer in the first place?
    I wonder what will change their orders to congress, dumb ass?

7. wjk

wjk

Spoken like a true marching little marxist. You knew Obama was lying all along, and you were OK with that.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

We have to delay it to find out what's in it.

9. More likely....

The Administration doesn't want everybody pissed off when it comes time to raise money for the 2014 campaign and at voting time.

:mad: :mad:

10. It's clear the administration lied about what was in the bill and everything it would entail. Now it's time to deliver the truth about it, and that's not playing well. Time for more mis-direction and deceit.
    I must remind my leftist friends once again. When you're played for fools over and over again, you're no longer being played. They're counting on your stupidity. Did you actually believe this guy would be any different than the rest? Com'on!

#10     Jul 3, 2013