Obamacare & Adverse Selection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kxvid, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Lets see if Obama care works. There are many instances of public health care system working without being over budget, say Canada, Australlia and Singapore.We'll see if Obama can overhaul and create a system that is solvent.

Btw I heard Australlia has one of the higest debt to Gdp ratios, is that true? If that's true, even being out of recession, it might be in the same boat as America and other overlevereged countries.

#11     Mar 25, 2010
  2. High private debt. Housing is very expensive.

Public debt is low compared to most OECD countries.

#12     Mar 25, 2010
  3. why exactly was the status quo unacceptable? was it because we had the best health care in the world? because that's how I, along with every rich person and politician in the world previously felt. just link me to it when moore choppers over to cuba for his care- o wait that is right everyone tells us our healthcare is horrible, yet when given the chance, demands to receive it.

2/3 of the uninsured were people under 25 yrs old gambling that they were healthy. i see absolutely no problem with this, and if they get some bad ass cancer while they are gambling, well some people would refer to that as karma- yet another thing i have no problem with.

the real problem is feeling entitled to everything. just because someone was born doesn't mean they are owed social safety nets. which surprisingly come from the same people who demand the right to kill their own child through abortion. pretty big oxymoron if you ask me.

#13     Mar 25, 2010
  4. TheMan

TheMan

yeah that sounds like a great idea.

since the governments track record with gov't programs is so great.

i mean shit, look at Medicaid and Medicare that is working out great

lets go ahead and let the gov't run the entire HC system since they have proven themselves to be completely incompetent shit heads with everything else they have attempted to do

you could hand the gov't a winning lottery ticket and they would fuck it up somehow

#14     Mar 25, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You could, umm, maybe, READ the arguments made in this thread before you type your identical, eternally unchanging point of view again. Evolution, ever heard of it? It's a good thing. Well, granted, not if you're inflexible.

#15     Mar 25, 2010
  6. Not everyone voted for Bush, not did I vote for the invasion of Iraq, which did not only not save lives, it cost many, many live, contributed to the national debt, for nothing at all...

#16     Mar 25, 2010
  7. The point is that we may have had the best health care in the world, for a shrinking number of Americans...

Just like saying we have the best education...when our test scores are not as good as other countries.

Just because we have the best that money can buy, more and more people are getting priced out of the money part of health care...

The wealthy are still going to get the best health care money can buy, but now those who are not as fortunate will get health care...

Do you get the point you dumb_mother?

#17     Mar 25, 2010
  8. uh-oh the cat is out of the bag now, nancy peelosi is a black man!

#18     Mar 25, 2010
  9. [​IMG]

#19     Mar 25, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

You know what those commie bastards in Australia did with their stimulus spending? They gave money to their citizens, that's what! :mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

#20     Mar 25, 2010