Obama Would Be King

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 10, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

No American should be in support of Obama, the would be king.

Imperial Presidency: Rather than celebrate our country's unique heritage of limited government, the president complains that he's constrained by the Founders. Here's a man hungry for raw power.

Just so that we won't be accused of taking his comments out of context, here they are:

"The government is us," President Obama said Wednesday in Denver. "These officials are elected by you. ... I am elected by you. I am constrained, as they are constrained, by a system that our Founders put in place. It's a government of and by and for the people."

Some might say he was simply explaining the American system. But he was actually complaining that he can't govern like a monarch. He's done it before:

March 2013: "I am not a dictator; I'm the president."

January 2013: "I am not a king; I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law, and that is what we've done."

February 2012: "What's frustrated people is that I've not been able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well ... it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes."

October 2011: "We can't wait for an increasingly dysfunctional Congress to do its job. Where they won't act, I will."

July 2011: "Some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own... . Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting."

He usually qualifies his complaints by saying, well, that's how our system works and there's nothing he can do about it. But every time he explains he's not a king, it's clear that it's his desire to rule — not govern.

And we're not the only ones to notice he's telegraphing his deep urges. "As a law prof, I read (Obama's Denver remarks) to mean that he is not constrained," the University of Wisconsin's Ann Althouse blogged. She said Obama believes in the "idea of constitutional government as a political system, within which rights are only another manifestation of what the people want.

"And, in the ultimate scary twist on the idea of rights: Government is not to be regarded as in need of limits, because the government is us. Anything we — the government — want to do is never tyranny, but freedom."

Yeah, that is scary. This is a man whose lust for power clearly shows. Good thing we live in a country that still has a check on presidential power. (So far.)

http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...a-complains-he-is-constrained-by-founders.htm

2. That's what DICTATORS and MONARCHS do... and is precisely why the genius Founders gave us the US Constitution. Lose that... and we'll soon be no different from any other dictatorial society... Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, Chavez's Venezuela, Castro's Cuba...

:mad: :mad:

3. pspr

pspr

We've already lost a large part of that limit on power. It will only further be eroded until it is gone.