Obama won't charge CIA officers for rough tactics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDL, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I went back and read the WashPost article. This Crawford woman acknowledged that the terrorist in question would have been a 9/11 hijacker/murderer and was trained to be a "muscle hijacker", meaning I suppose that he would have killed people. Still, she was "upset" that he was subject to abusive questioning, including such outrageous conduct as having a dog bark at him and having interrogators call his mother and sister names. Really, I would hope we could have people with a little more common sense making these decisions, but she is a lawyer so that may be asking too much.

What this proves is the total craziness of attempting to try these people in courts, military or otherwise. As they note in the article, you have to turn over all exculpatory evidence, which makes it likely you have to reveal the names of confidential informants or undercover operatives. You will have to reveal the names of the people who cpatured them, exposing them and their families to retaliation. And, courts will not use coerced testimony.

We need something between turning them loose and treating them like domestic criminal suspects. I don't know what the answer is, and neither does Obama. Bush did what he thought was reasonable under the circumstances, and in the aftermath of 9/11, most Americans agreed with him. All this after-the -fact moralizing is disgusting, and it is not lost on the people at the sharp edge of the spear, who put their lives on the line to protect us.

#11     Apr 17, 2009
  2. Given your remarks, you obviously have no clue about how this relates to international law, let alone to legislation spearheaded by John McCain and passed by our very own Congress in December of 2005.

And you still continue to runaway from the question posed to you by me 4 days ago about how you would have handled the hostage situation with the Pirates.

Are you a PUSSY?

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. #13     Apr 17, 2009