Obama won in 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

How does that hurt the middle class and poor?

#11     Nov 7, 2012
  2. Regressive taxes.

You leftists view tax breaks for the rich as an expense.

I thought you would come up with a smarter question.

#12     Nov 7, 2012
  3. Rich people vote for Obama, and it's somehow class warfare? I don't get that.

I recall that people start out life as Dem's, then turn to Rep while in the working class, including lawyers and bookkeepers, and then change back to Dem's when they become more wealthy. Not saying I agree with that either, that would put the poor and the rich in the same group. Perhaps there just is no exact correlation, and we're all free to choose our political party.

#13     Nov 7, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Dems struck the increase in that tax from Obama's tax plan, no?

#14     Nov 7, 2012
  5. It doesn't matter whether or not Obama is involved in tax increases. The Democrats in general look to increase taxes regardless of the source, regressive or otherwise. If Obama cannot increase taxes at the federal level, the states will do it at the state level.

#15     Nov 7, 2012
  6. 1) Those wealthy counties in Virginia are probably infested with federal government workers who are "high earners". :(
    2) For those other counties, was it the "hired help" who voted in "large" numbers and and not actual wealthy residents? :confused:

#16     Nov 7, 2012
  7. Or, maybe that old saying about starting life as a Dem, going to Rep, then back to Dem when rich so that you can help others?

#17     Nov 7, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

This is what you wrote:

"Have you leftists noticed that the Democrats are really interested in slamming the middle class & poor, not the rich?

"How did they pass the elimination of the estate tax last year?"

#18     Nov 7, 2012