Obama: Wisc. Governor Assaulting Unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

I dont support any of the bank bonuses, and infact i believe tthe system is flawed in that it is set up for these douchebags to take excessive risk, because they either get a big bonus if they win, or a golden parachute on the way out if they lose, I also think it is ridiculous how much money these scumbags make when they have zero skin in the game. It used to be CEO's of companies were guys who owned large parts of the companies, but now it is just a good ole boys club. That doesnt take away from my belief that the free market works, atleast I have a choice of which banks I invest in, or do business with, I have no say in how much government union employees get paid with my tax dollars.

#31     Feb 18, 2011
  2. We agree! It's just frosts my jock that one group is being taken to task, while the other skates free.

#32     Feb 18, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

#33     Feb 18, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

This is the kind of shit that really makes me angry.... all of this is happening while we are becoming a bad joke in terms of educational standards vs. the rest of the world. The teachers unions will get what they deserve 20 years from now when we go broke because of them and they are forced to pick cans out of a dumpster to make ends meat.

#34     Feb 18, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The governor can order that teachers who no-showed for 3 consecutive days can be dismissed.

He probably will do that and hire new teachers for somewhat less money.

#35     Feb 18, 2011
  6. Let's not forget the governor fabricated much of this budget crisis giving tax breaks to the wealthy and now wanting the working class to pick up the slack. Typical republican oppression of the working class.
    Unions have negotiated and still the governor won't bend.Why? It's about busting the union, that's why. Typical republican tyranny over the common man.
    And while were pointing out the hypocrisy of it all, perhaps we should consider what our congress is doing this week, or maybe what they're not doing. They have the entire week off for a one day holiday that most people don't have at all. Yet the republicans in congress rail away about the excessive benefits of some union worker. The irony of it all is tragic indeed.

#36     Feb 21, 2011
  7. #37     Feb 21, 2011
  8. #38     Feb 21, 2011
  9. I have no sympathy for the MORONS who think this is sustainable.

The selling and reselling of assetless asset-backed securities is a central element of the vast fraud, as is the practice of insuring while simultaneously betting against these investments through companies like AIG. We are talking about a criminal enterprise involving tens of thousands of people working in the financial services industry.

Although the financial crisis that swept the world may have started on Wall Street, it has brought down governments and shredded economic security worldwide, resulting in the loss of millions of jobs and homes as businesses collapse, foreclosures grow, credit tightens and communities are devastated. One estimate of the damage: $197 trillion.

The Pew Economic Policy Group reports the average U.S. household lost $66,000 in stock holdings and $30,000 in real estate values from June 2008 through March 2009 due to the upheaval in world markets. This brings us close to $100,000 per family.

#39     Feb 21, 2011
  10. cry me a river
    Just like the lefts mantra on tax breaks for the rich, this was predominately a loss for the rich.

The avg poor and middle class didn't lose $100,000 because they didn't have a hundred grand to lose.

#40     Feb 21, 2011