Obama: Wisc. Governor Assaulting Unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 18, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

Teachers and government workers have such a good deal they shouldn't be allowed to unionize.

"Obama accused Scott Walker, the state's new Republican governor, of unleashing an "assault" on unions in pushing emergency legislation."

"Under Walker's plan, most public workers - excluding police, firefighters and state troopers - would have to pay half of their pension costs and at least 12 percent of their health-care costs. They would lose bargaining rights for anything other than pay. Walker, who took office last month, says the emergency measure is needed to save $300 million over the next two years to help close a $3.6 billion budget gap."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/17/AR2011021705494.html

2. Unions are little but legalized extortion. They should be abolished... especially "public employee unions"... who extort benefits from taxpayers.

ODUMBO'S A SHIT!!!.. for endorsing such anti-American, Pro-Communist principles. :mad: :mad:

3. What else would you call it? An assault is exactly what it is. Too bad republicans aren't so up in arms over the corporate boardroom brotherhood and their escapades. Living wage and decent benefits, bad. Destroying entire economies, good. Take a loan you can't afford to pay back, you're a bum. Gamble away trillions, it's just business.

4. And what would you call banks that are too big to fail? If that's not extortion, I don't know what is. Pro communist is the government financing them to do it all over again.
    If it's OK to finance the blunders of billionaires with taxpayer dollars, then it's OK to finance unions as well.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What kind of equivocating nonsense is this???

The man was elected democratically. Legislation has been offered democratically. Democracy calls for a vote. That is an assault?

Now these blood-sucking parasitic union members are apoplectic because they have to contribute to their pension and healthcare LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?

Cry me a river. All the teachers who walked out should be dismissed summarily. Same for state employees. There are plenty who are willing to fill those jobs, believe me.

6. pspr

pspr

The poor government employees wouldn't have their pensions and health care totally paid for. They would have to pay some of that but much, much less than the reat of us. Corporate pensions have pretty much ended. Government employee pensions should go the same route.

7. +!

12% of their co-pay, 50% contribution into their pension. What has America come to! They are being raped!

8. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. If it's OK for the blood sucking bankers to get a free ride on taxpayer dollars, then it's OK for the unions to receive the same benefit. I'm not saying either is right. In fact I'd like to see everyone held to some account for their actions, but if the big boy's skate for free, then so does the little guy.

9. pspr

pspr

Fine, send Wisconsin your donation to cover the unsustainable costs of their public union benefits.

10. No, I'll support sending the bill for it all to GS and Chase.

#10     Feb 18, 2011