Obama wins. What now for the liberal media?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Well, as mentioned before, several times. I do have conservative values, fiscal primarily. Our current President and Administration has pretty much proven that he is no conservative in that vein. I am against abortion, but don't want the governement in my bedroom, or anyone else's. I am against war, but support the men and women who serve, and yes, I too served my time in the service.

I am in the highest tax bracket, yet don't mind if we get back to a pay as we go tax rate rather than running the Country further and further into the abyss of financial ruin.

I did not vote for Clinton nor Bush, which I guess proves I have a bad voting record. My vote for Obama was not my first choice of the multiple, early candidates. But, he is to be our President, so we have to deal with it.

Now, back to the media. I was under the assumption that the people here on ET were aware that FOX is right, MSNBC is left, CNN probably slant a bit left, and the fancy anchor people just read what they're given with little clue whatsoever. Rush followers echo whatever he says, all night long, on several radio call in shows. As do, albeit to a lesser degree, the left side, probably because they don't get the ratings. The lack of ratings does not imply that the left is less correct in it's thinking, it reflects, in my opinion, that name calling ahd hate seems to attract listeners. Just like soccer fans in Europe to the point of killing one another. Very sad.

I search for intellectual discussions in the media, as I'm sure many of us do, but find very few discussions that aren't just talking points. The media has been so dumbed down, for ratings or simple need, that this current generation probably has no clue how screwed things up are. If a tinking individual actually started speaking about global economics or rule of law, or the Consitution, eyes glaze over.

I'm more concerned about the few percent on the left or the right that control the biggest percent of media attention via Hearst's famous yellow journalism.

The name calling and wild rambling, on both sides, is worthy of condemnation, and I simply wish we could focus on fixing, not destroying, the Country we love.

c

#11     Dec 8, 2008
  2. Rush would have never flourished without the imbalanced liberal media.

Something is only in high demand when there is a low supply.

Therefore you can blame the liberal media for letting Rush flourish at all.

Rush is living proof that there is a liberal media bias. Without the bias he would not have been even 10% as successful as he is.

Try and think of a world with no balance whatsoever?

It's called totalitarian and i can tell you have never witnessed it first hand.

#12     Dec 8, 2008
  3. Well, I have to say that I agree with you about having balance. And am glad to do so. I am glad the Senate did not end up filibuster proof as well. I am just not a fan of labeling, like liberal media, but I can certainly understand how it has been looked at that way. I find myself groaning at times when I see the bias from the left as well. I may lean left, especially when it comes to government getting into things that I think should be individiual rights, but I often grimace when my wife is smiling. Too much is too much, from either side.

c

#13     Dec 8, 2008
  4. Government should stay out of everything.

#14     Dec 8, 2008
  5. I'll tell you what the left wing media will be doing and that's burying the Blago scandal for Barry.

Rahm Emmanuel has been hiding for the last several days because it looks like he may be implicated.

Could be that he and his faggit degree in ballet are going to the can.

#15     Dec 12, 2008