Obama wins in South Carolina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by steve46, Jan 26, 2008.

1. No it is not meant to be ironic...What we want as citizens is to elect a president with no threat of harm to the participants. It has been a long time since we had such an event (back to the time of Robert Kennedy) and I for one, would like it if we never again saw that kind of violence related to the political process.

#21     Jan 28, 2008
  2. man

man

obama - romney is my bet. in the end mccain is no story. an neither
    is hillary. but obama is the uniting black story. and romney is the
    successfull manager story. ... the americans love "stories" ...

#22     Jan 28, 2008
  3. man

man

second that. i hope he is covered. sad it is necessary.

#23     Jan 28, 2008
  4. man

man

right. yet they won't murder her. obama is in more danger i suppose.

#24     Jan 28, 2008
  5. I actually don't think we will see any of that for a long time, but ya never know. Crazy people often slip through the cracks.

#25     Jan 28, 2008
  6. So Bill is sabotaging Hillary under the guise of being helpful. Surely it's all subconscious.

#26     Jan 28, 2008
  7. Yes, Dr Phil, who would know more about that than you? :D

Sorry, I mean "Doctor Fill"..:cool:

#27     Jan 28, 2008
  8. John Hinckley, anyone?

The true issue here is that it was even brought up that someone would want to take either Obama or Hillary out. Does race and gender make that more likely?

#28     Jan 28, 2008
  9. don't know why Obama would be at risk, but as for Hillary, its not a gender thing. its a personality thing. I've never seen polls where there is almost zero % of the populace that has no feelings towards a candidate. Something like 48% of the populace hates her. The actual polling question was something like 48% wouldn't vote for her under any circumstance (I take that to mean hate).

i personally can't stand her, but it has zero to do with her gender. But i must add that I would never want to see anyone hurt her either. i just want her to lose!

#29     Jan 28, 2008
  10. Agreed. It's not that she's a woman, it's because she's just miserable . . . I wouldn't vote for her simply because I question whether or not she can avoid making a smart remark at the wrong time. She's disliked because she comes across as having an attitude. I think that's where Obama has an edge. He comes across as much more calm than she does.

#30     Jan 28, 2008