Obama wins in South Carolina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by steve46, Jan 26, 2008.

1. yeah, the Bill and Hillary combo is bloody scary! I read that the only reason Gore didn't run again is that he knows first hand how nasty the Clintons can get.

No more Clintons in the White House please!

(note: I don't want Obama in there either. Too left, along with a Dem congress, TAXES would get ugly. I like it when Congress and the Prez are not all in the same party.

#11     Jan 27, 2008
  2. Really? So you voted for Kerry in 2004, right?

#12     Jan 27, 2008
  3. Hey - I never suggested that there's anything even remotely noble about either Hillary or Bill, but they don't pretend to be anything but politicians. Obama's selling himself as some sort of revolutionary on a quest for honor and responsibility in government. I think he's playing us. He's far too bright to believe that Congress will let him set everybody on Capitol Hill straight.

Bill Clinton's behavior through this whole campaign has been odd. We know that he's terrifically shrewd and highly intelligent. It seems strange that he's coming up with these racially-tinged gaffs at such a sensitive time in Hillary's campaign. He may be playing his own race card without coming out with anything blatantly racist.

Could it be that slick Willie wants to set Obama up as Black America's candidate so that Hillary gets the white majority by default? Maybe the Clintons threw South Carolina to make a point to the rest of America. When 80% of blacks vote the same way it's easy to see them as a special interest block - as blacks first and Americans second.

I think perhaps what we're seeing here is a high-stakes chess match being played between two very clever dudes - Bill Clinton and Obama.

I still say Obama's sly. So are the Clintons, but Obama might beat the Clintons at their own game.. or he may not.

We'll see.

#13     Jan 28, 2008
  4. Fair enough.

Heres what I think is going on..

First, I think in the back of his mind, Bill doesn't really want to sit second chair with Hillary in the big office giving orders....I think he's had enough of that growing up in a household of women.

On the other side, I think Hillary, after all these years of having to look the other way, sees that she is just a jump and a holler away from being able to order some secret service agent to take Bill out back and kick his ass (literally or figuratively take your choice). I think the temptation of this is JUST TOO MUCH for poor old Hillary to bear...and eventually she will not be able to control herself. Especially if things don't go smoothly for her, she will lose her composure and she will "let loose the hounds" of her real character.

This is going to be a real barn burner of a race....

Steve

#14     Jan 28, 2008
  5. man

man

obama is hopefully protectd as if he were already president. i guess
    the right wing idiots will try to "take him out" as long as it is easy.

#15     Jan 28, 2008

6. What a lovely sentiment to express. With all the negative comments one sees here, you are the only person to suggest such a thing might happen...

#16     Jan 28, 2008
  7. Nope, George. Didn't really like the options, but trusted Kerry about as far as I could throw him.

#17     Jan 28, 2008
  8. If anyone gets whacked, it'll be Hillary. People either like her or absolutely despise her.

#18     Jan 28, 2008
  9. man

man

is that meant to be ironic? i really think he is in danger. the better
    he does, the more ...

#19     Jan 28, 2008

10. Seems to me that this is the one time when Americans might want to think in terms of how important a safe political process is to our society in general.

I understand your comment. I really find Hillary unappealing, but I would like to think that at least for the purpose of electing a president, Americans could put a lid on that kind of craziness.

I hope we never again see a situation like what happened with Robert Kennedy.

#20     Jan 28, 2008